Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
IronPony

0800 and -32

FrankieC
Keep it over there, please. It's -1 here, right now, and supposed to keep going up. An old timer in southwestern Maine got the news that a land survey had been done and he actually lived in New Hampshire. His response? "Thank God, I don't think I could've taken another Maine winter"! F.

MPH
Darn Dan, almost looks like you borrowed that thing from me. Sitting at -40 something this morning. Hate to tell ya this, but the high presure thats been keeping us at -40 or worse is finally heading down the Alcan. Stack your wood piles up guys.. MPH

Dan, is it windy over there today? shes a real howler here. the snow is being sculpted as we speak.....

quote:
Stack your wood piles up guys..
WILL be burning the oak tonight!!!! Forecast for South Itasca County Updated: 4:00 PM CST on January 28, 2004 Tonight Partly cloudy and very cold. Lows 25 below to 30 below zero. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph early...diminishing to 5 to 10 mph.

MPH
Your a lucky man to have Oak to burn Doug, course, I've said for a long time if God had intended man to live in Interior Alaska he would have planted oak trees up here. Had to make a run to Fairbanks today, left here at -45, before I got to Delta, halfway pt, picked up a tail wind of about 40mph and warmed to -7. About -10 in Fairbanks, tail wind turned into head wind on the way home and back to -40ish here..Sooo, The cold you have now isn't mine yet, cause it ain't left..

PatRarick
-31 here this morning at 0800. Didn't get above -20 all day yesterday and today is supposed to be a carbon copy. Must not be that cold in MPLS/St.Paul, because they haven't called off school yet. That's what I really get a kick out of. Don't matter how cold it gets in Northern MN, but when those temperatures hit our State Capital, previous governers have called a State of Emergency. They claim it's not safe for the kids in that cold, and we need to save our heating fuel. Guess those in Northern MN don't need to worry about our kids or saving fuel until they feel the crunch in St. Paul! :D:D:D BOY! Warmed up by two degrees while I was typing this! -29 and climbing! Pat

Schools been closed two days now cause of windchills. Out here at work the coal is sliding on the belts, the d10s are cold and looks like our pile is freezing up solid...chunks as big as a volkswagon...but thank GOD im employed....Were paying our dues Pat wouldnt you say? The weather man said it hasnt been this cold since 1996...

MPH
Don't recall who commented on ice fog ar where it was, but it's not crackin tonight. Visablitiy in Tok might be 1/4 mile tonight, 3rd nite of 50 or worse, getting me, looked out and it was ONLY -40 this afternoon and it dawned on me how -----nuts I must be, -40, not sooooo bad. I need a south bound. MPH

MPH
I'll let you guys know when its safe Pat. Right now there's a high presure center sitting in the Yukon, which often gives us our coldest spells. Knockin on -60 this morning so I ain't no better off then you. Think I'll cancel my docs appointment in Anchorage today.. MPH