Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
MadMike

Rear Lift Shaft

MadMike
I forgot to measure the rod for rear lift implements this morning. Can anyone tell me the shaft diameter, thru hole diameter, and distance from shaft end to thru hole center. I will be at another plant today and they have a lot of steel rod laying around. My goal is to find the right size, cut to length, drill the thru hole, and then set it into a three gallon bucket of concrete. Tadaa!!! Big, ugly, but functional, Rear Counter Weight. Thanks in advance, Mike

Mike I believe it's a 1" stock, after I rest from some snow plowing, I'll measure my rear weight for you.

MadMike, The rough dimensions I got on the rear counter weight are as follows. The main bar which goes into the lift is a 1" steel stock 9.5" long and the pin is approximately 4.25" (a little less) from the end of the lift to the center. The 1" steel stock is welded to a 3" circular cylinder which is 3" round (I forgot to measure the length of that). Then there is a donut which sits on that cylinder which is inner diameter approx 3.5" x 7" outside and the donut is 4" thick. Hope this helps in your design.

MadMike
Thanks everyone for the dimensions (michaelg221) and the advice. I plan to do the three gallon bucket of cement tonight as I have this stuff around the house. I also plan to keep my eye on garage sales this summer for an old barbell set. I like the original counterweights but have yet to find one locally. The barbell set up will be nice and compact and easy to adjust weight on... and a heck of a lot better looking than a cement bucket :-). Mike