Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

More snow pics...

Allis_B12

Joel, Nice pics., Great looking B12 and HD blade, looks like you got a real good working outfit there with the AG lugs and weights and all.8D

Thats a nice looking rig. And your doing a nice job. We haven't had much snow around here. Last time it snowed about 5in. Lite fluffy stuff. The next day wind blow's about 35mph and it's gone! Didn't even have to get the 7018 out of the shed.

Great looking rig Joel. It finally snowed enough here to get the blower out. These things sure can be a lot of fun. :D :D Keep up the good work.

Nice tractor. And good plowin' job. I wonder how the ag treads would work on a hill? Without chains and 160 lbs of wheel weights, I can't get back up my driveway if I go down it. More snow, more fun!

I agree with the others...Nice rig..Do you have the wider tires on the front...looks like they are the wider ones than most I have seen on the older round hood tractors...

The ags will push a good pile of snow up a decent hill in 2nd, provided you're on asphalt. I use 3rd to transport the tractor across the lawn to get it back to the shed. It spins, fishtails, and doesn't climb a big hill, but it's the only way to make fast progress on flat land. 1st works best if you want maximum traction and power. The only weights on the tractor are the two wheel weights, donut and stinger weight, and me. I guess that's about 320 lbs. total, plus the plow and tractor. B-12s have wider front tires than the other roundhoods. They don't turn well when plowing, though.

Why do like plowing in 2nd? I find I can throw the snow over the berm better in 3rd, in fact was gonna try dodge rims on the Landlord with 235 15's, but found I will have to rework the centers on a set of rims inorder to get the tires away from the fenders.

I don't like 3rd for pushing piles. 1st is too slow for moving snow. 2nd makes the work move a little faster, and it doesn't constantly keep my engine on the governor. I think moving a lot of snow in 3rd is hard on the drivetrain, and with all the shock load on it when the tractor hits a big pile of snow. Plus, I'm afraid it'll pivot too high and the hitch arms of the plow will hit the bottom of the axle. A lower gear lets me stop before that happens. I find 1st lets me push a good snow pile an extra foot or so after the tractor won't move in any other gears.

Joel, you likely have a good point on ramming snow piles in third being hard on things. I've pretty well gotten it down to be raising the blade as I hit the pile and thus climb up it. Built some piles about 5 foot high with the 725 one winter. Couse, it sucks when you go over the top of the hard snow with the front tires cause its a lot of digging to get out. Sures a good looking tractor you got. MPH