Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Did I miss something??

rokon2813

Is it my imagination or did somebody change the name of this forum??? I thought it was sHow and tell not sNow and tell ??

Dan You win the booby prize of an all expense paid vacation to the snow capital of the world shoveling snow for 5 days. Right now it looks like you are going to your back yard. LOL

quote:
Originally posted by 72ac410
so,how much snow did you guys get up that way.we had about 8"total from this storm as of today.
I really have no idea what the official totals might be. The Lake effect can be so localized that accumulations could be doubled 10 miles away. I go by what I have to plow. Since the 5th of January, Ive plowed every day but 3 I think. There has been some snow every day. As little as an inch to as much as 14". Today I plowed about 8" but it was windy and drifting. Yesterday was about 9" with no wind. There is no less than 2 feet on the ground here but how much has it settled? I would have to guess around here in Waterport we have had close to 40" in January but I couldnt say that for sure.

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
Dan You win the booby prize of an all expense paid vacation to the snow capital of the world shoveling snow for 5 days. Right now it looks like you are going to your back yard. LOL
Oh boy! Lucky me :D:D I dont know about capitol but I've had enough shoveling and plowing for this year.

We had a light dusting last night. Could see the snow/ice crystals blowing across the road when driving. No accumulation. It is cold, from my perspective anyway. Teens at night and 30's during the day. Cheers,

We've got a lot of snow now, and whenever I finish blowing it, it starts snowing again!:(! Some places we have 2 foot drifts, the wind just keeps blowin at 30-50mph.

Finally got some quality tractor time in tonight, instead of working on the tractors I got to use both the 2110 and the 3415. We had about 8" +/- an inch. Used the 2110 to blow most of snow then took the 3415 out to scrape down the drive. Only the 2nd time out this year for the 2110 and the first time I've really worked the 3415, I'm really impressed by the BRT's push power with the ag's and no chains if only it had a hydraulic lift!:(

Dan, didn't you score at least one blower in that tractor haul you made???You could blow right up to your shop door instead of using that non-hydralic shovel.. MPH

Marty, I got one blower here. Havent had time to put it together yet. Its a 3 belt so I'm not real anxious to get it done. ;) As for the non hydraulic shovel...we got kids :D:D Actually the rows of tractors along the building were "supposed" to be put away before snow so I could plow there. We just ran out of time and space before it got done. Now it takes even longer to dig them out, drag em in, then defrost them to work on. Got room for 5 inside. One spot is reserved for my plow tractor, one for the puller we're currently working on, and one for an A/C the kids are putting together. So I only really have room to tear down, strip, repair or sell 2 at a time. [:0]

Dan, I know you also have a Sears blower, and as I have shown you, they can be mounted with a two belt arrangement. Just kidding ya! I do think you should set up two tractors for yourself, one with a blower and one with a plow. You need them with as much snow as you have been getting. By the way, pulling tractors make really good snow pushers in the "off" season. Believe me.

Time Time Time :D:D When I said I have one blower here, I meant one Simple Allis blower. I have another Simp blower that I have yet to pick up, a "crapsman" blower destined for scrap I think, several walk behinds to rebuid and yep, I have a sears blower here. Also have a running sears to put it on if I had time ;) From looking at it all I need is the right pulley for the engine. This pulling tractor is probably not bound for pushing. Lots of mods as I'm sure you know. We're putting a 4 cylinder Ford engine in it, 4 speed tranny and chrylser rear end and no radiator under Ford lawn tractor body panels. Not my idea of a tractor but then agian its not for me either. When I get to building ours for me and the kids, they will be as close to stock as possible so with a minimum of changeover they can go right back to work in the garden. In fact, just to prove a point to the cub owners, the B 12 may pull as-is. Many of the pullers around here tend to argue for horse power, rpm's and wheel speed, wheel speed, wheel speed. I guess they just want to go fast. Most of them in the stock classes lean toward Kohler first and Kawasaki second, turning 4000 plus rpms. I (hope) intend to prove to them what a long strokin Briggs and low end torque is all about. I don't care if they get to the other end of the track 3 or 4 times faster than I do, as long as I get there ;) Honestly, I dont understand the speed thing on a pulling track. In everything else I've ever seen, pick-ups, farm tractors, big rigs, whatever, you want to pull more weight, you use lower gears and go slower to get more power to the ground ??

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
I thought something was diffrent..I wonder what the name will be this spring...Grow and Tell? LOL
That's a good one... :D:D

Pics of what Joe? The snow is in the coffee shop. http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=27043 Pics of the Ford? It dont look no different yet. LOL