Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Oh what a day!!!!!

ehertzfeld

How to beging.......well knowing that we were going to get a snow storm, I spent some time last night getting ready. My 3310v's belt was really loose. After reading the manual and figuring how it works, I adjusted the variable speed belt and clutch. Replaced the battery in my broadmoor. The covers whent on and it was time to relax! "Im all set" or so I thought. I woke up to 8-10 inches of the white stuff. Uncoverd the 3310v, fired her up, and off I whent. Plowed for about 25 minutes and them I couldn't shift. the Belt wasn't stoping with the clutch engadge. Since I share my drive way with 3 neighbors I wanted to get the drive way cleared off so they could get to work. So plan B..... uncoverd the broadmoor with the blower. I have not really used it yet. SHe fired up great. 12hp brigg in it now! Off I went. WOW I was blowing snow 15 to 20 feet in the air!!! I was a happy boy! Got most of the 500ft drive way cleared then......I saw my left front wheel not turning. Looked like a small plow LOL. Took the wheel off blew it up and heared a leak! Good thing I had a tube. Put the wheel back on, finished the drive. Had so much fun had to find some more drive ways!!! So on the trailer it whent. Drove by a friends house.... darn already done! To Mom's,... she beat me to it. Im not having any luck today! Finally I found a friends house with fresh snow! Cleared her out too. BTW the city folk were stareing at me holding there shovles. God I loved it!! Came home to mess with the 3310v so I could use it to clean up. Back off the belt a little bit and tryed it. Seemed to work. The belt stop was working fine, Ok lets go! Well after a wile it happend again. Not every time but enough to be anoying. I did notice that the lower the rpm's the less it happend. I guess I didnt adjust it right. I'll have to look at it over the weekend. Luckily I did manage to finish the job. I think I'll have to find a blower for my 64 landlord with the cab. I looked like a snow man using the Broadmoor/blower. I hope that my fellow New Englanders had better luck than I did.LOL Elon

Well, yesterday we got about 6 inches of very light fluffy snow. I got to really try out the Broadmoor. All in all it didn't do too bad. Tires kept spinning, gears grinding, I even lost one of the chrome thumb screws somewhere in the snow. I did go over and do the neighbors drive and the public sidewalk. I got out about 7 in the morning b4 I went to school and started. I had to leave in about 45 mins, and I wasn't even anywhere near half finished. We have a big driveway though. Sounds like the Broadmoor came through for ya. Aren't those Broadmoors something? LOL

Yesterday we got about 10 inches of very thick snow/freezing rain. Only plugged up once, I also had the same belt problem on my 310V, but switching to hydrostatic helped alot:D

Well Elon...you luck sounds like mine...I blew the belt on my Landlord with cab the other day and then we got 10+ a couple days later...I heard it was coming so I went to get me a belt but I could'nt find one in stock...so the little Broadmoor had to do the job...it did great but like you I was a snow man by the time I made the first pass,LOL

A 'trick' to remember on the variable drives is when somethings a bit outta adjustment, but you really need to finish a job, is sometimes if the clutch won't disengage in say low speed, move the lever to high before you stop, or vis versa. Seems to help on my B-112, til I tear it down to replace my wornout linkage.. MPH

quote:
Originally posted by gregc
Even with all the troubles you still sound happy to me. You're alright!:D
Your right Greg,had a blast!