Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

3415 S with Lousy Reverse

Gtj811

I hooked up my 3415 S with the plow and went out to play in the snow this AM. Everything running fine but the tractor was struggling going in reverse. If finally stopped moving. Belt seems ok. What should I look for to fix this? My wife thinks I'm missing a few screws pushing the tractor out of the snow bak! Thanx for the help. GRegg

If your shuttle needs adustments. The shuttle adjustments are easy to do, but they are critical to keep the shuttle running properly. They don't have to be done very often. If you need directions on how to make the adjustments, let me know and I can email you the instructions from the tractor manual.

Thanks for the quick response. Please email the instructions to me as I can sure use the help. Does it also incluse where to lubricate the shuttle? Thanks Gregg

Mine had done the same thing and I had to tighten the Brake band around the planetaries... and that took Care of it... If some one has the insttructions to adjust it... they should post them in the Tech tips Forums....

The shuttle adjustment procedure is in the Operator's Manual. You can download the Operator's Manual at this link: http://www.simplicitytechpubs.com/6767PRINT/PDF_files/TP_100_1352_00_SV_S.pdf