Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  

Your experience with Two link V-Bar chains?

Has anyone tried the Two Link V-Bar type chains? A friend of mine and I bought these chains for snow plowing and maybe dirt. I've not gotten my machine dirty yet; though I am wondering if people have tried these and if they are just too rough on the yard, pavement, etc. In my case, it's too late, because I bought them.... just wondering. (Before I have trenches in my driveway). (These are still in the assembly room.) [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/michaelg221/PICT0011_s2.JPG[/img]

HubbardRA
I don't think they will really damage the lawn or a gravel driveway more than a regular chain. They will, however, damage pavement when the wheels spin. I've seen what they do when used on an automobile.

PhanDad
I added v-bar cross link chains to the set of chains I use on my tractor. The set was originally 4 link. The two link work much better and I have less wheel spin with the 2 link setup. But as others have said, they do scratch the asphalt when it's icey, especially climbing a hilly driveway like I have. The only thing worse is a freshly "sealed" asphalt driveway - that's always slick. And when spring arrives, the chain marks are there for all to see - but it sure beats shoveling.