Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Your experience with Two link V-Bar chains?

Has anyone tried the Two Link V-Bar type chains? A friend of mine and I bought these chains for snow plowing and maybe dirt. I've not gotten my machine dirty yet; though I am wondering if people have tried these and if they are just too rough on the yard, pavement, etc. In my case, it's too late, because I bought them.... just wondering. (Before I have trenches in my driveway). (These are still in the assembly room.) [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/michaelg221/PICT0011_s2.JPG[/img]

I got a set on my snapper 1841 w/ a snow plow....I don't worry about scratching the asphalt...so far so good ... Good Luck Jim

I don't think they will really damage the lawn or a gravel driveway more than a regular chain. They will, however, damage pavement when the wheels spin. I've seen what they do when used on an automobile.

I added v-bar cross link chains to the set of chains I use on my tractor. The set was originally 4 link. The two link work much better and I have less wheel spin with the 2 link setup. But as others have said, they do scratch the asphalt when it's icey, especially climbing a hilly driveway like I have. The only thing worse is a freshly "sealed" asphalt driveway - that's always slick. And when spring arrives, the chain marks are there for all to see - but it sure beats shoveling.