Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

717 in action

tomust

COOL Is that an OEM blower for the 717??Notice the uprights lean forward instead of straight up like the B series blowers. Wondering why.. MPH

I'm pretty sure that the blower is OEM, it's a 32" single belt simplicity rotary snow thrower that I got with the 707. It does kick some butt in the snow! Lots of fun:) Thanks, Tom

Those little Tractors Do great work.... Mowerman swears buy his broadmoors.... If he had a Cab for his 728 he probably wouldn't even use the 64 landlord....

I was doing the same thing tonight with my Broadmoor...I cut a path for my kids to go across the yard to the school bus stop...The snow I was going through was higher than the rear fenders on the Broadmoor but it went right though it without any problem...Looks like yours was throwing it farther than mine does but my shoot is a little surface rusted...The blower on my other Broadmoor would throw it farther than the one I been using too but its in a little better shape until the bearing went out anyway... What size are your back tires??I noticed they look narrow compaired to mine in this post and the other post you did the other day...I thought it might have been the angle in the other post but now I think you have smaller tires..

The tires on it now are the standard tires. The Tire size is 5.70/5.00-8 They also take a longer hub assembly than the deluxe tire I have both but feel that the narrower wheel gives me better traction in the snow.I can't seem to find replacement tires in that size and the 4.80-8 are too small. I would love to find a set of lugs in that size:p Tom

I thought they looked smaller....I was talking to Bunky yesterday about the tire sizes..and I agree that the smaller ones would do better in the snow...My tractor does pretty good for having the wider tires on it but I have it weighted down good too with the rear pin-on and two collar plus wheel weights...I do get some traction loss still though...I would like to get a set of those size tire and give that a try... Thanks for the info..