Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

• Announcements

• Kent

Sign In or Password Problems?   10/09/2016

If you can't Sign In, you need to reset your password.  Use the Forgot Your Password link at the bottom of the Sign In screen, and the site will send you an email to reset it. If you have an AOL email account, use the Contact Us link at the bottom of the screen -- AOL is intermittently blocking email from the site.
    • Kent

Feedback Please!   10/28/2017

See News and Announcements forum.
Sign in to follow this  
Bunky

Pulley Size?????

RickS
Bunky, I just came in from measuring the pulley on my starter generator. The pulley was 2 3/4 inches in diameter. This starter generator starts a 16 horse. If it helps, the tractor is a 3416H. This is a used starter generator off an unknown tractor, but the pulley is from the original starter. You may remember an early post about my cracked starter generator. Hope this helps, and let me know if you need more information. Rick.........

HubbardRA
I have two starter-generators. One has a machined pulley like the one on yours, the other has a stamped metal pulley. The machined pulley looks smaller, but the main "V" area measures to be the same. I guess the stamped pulley is just larger because of the excess metal that is rolled over to prevent sharp edges. The backside of the belt sits flush with the machined pulley while the belt sits below the outer edge of the stamped pulley. The actual working diameter of the two appear to be the same. This was a question that bugged me when I first got the one with the machined pulley. Already had the other. Came to the conclusion that they both functioned the same.