Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
toad270

tractor weight

toad270
Thanks Sam the weights came today as you can see perfect fit but I think both are a little to heavy for just having a blade on maybe if I get me a snowblower I'll need both of them. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/toad270/1.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/toad270/2.JPG[/img] THANKS KENT for fixing the the first one for an example for me to compare to.

I use both and my arm thanks me. I'm converting mine to hydrolic because on my gravel drive and parking areas, I can't drag the blade or I'll have all of my trap rock on the sides. I do drag it on the pavement areas.

dirtsaver
Yes, I do love the hydraulic lift on the 17GTH but......I have more control and "float" with the manual lift and counterweight on the 3012V and Big Ten. Not always important, but on a gravel or "creek rock" drive the hydro lift tears up too much and when grading the drive or pushing snow.

Good point on the float of a hydraulic lift.... I may reconsider that. I thought that might be an issue. Thanks.

Kent
Note that the hydraulic lift on the old "B-series" Allis and equivalent Simplicity tractors has a float position on the controls... But, hydraulic lift will NOT give quite as precise control as manual lift...

HubbardRA
I have used my tractors for spreading a pile of gravel on my driveway. I don't see how a hydraulic system can give the control, that a manual system gives. You can feel everything. Only problem is that after moving a whole truckload of gravel your left arm ends up being nearly twice the size or your right. I guess hydraulic levers only exercise your fingers.