Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Ice-B-Gone

Dutch

Here in South Jersey snow & ice usually melts within a few days. This year that stuff has been around for over 3 weeks. Enough is enough. I got tired of slipping and sliding. Time to bring out the ice buster. First loosen it up. Then sweep it away. Finally...... stone again. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/ice-2.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/revit-1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/broom-1.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/finish-1.jpg[/img]

I am appalled. This post belongs in Snow and Tell, well, maybe it should go into Tech Tips. Nah, you did not mention a tractor in your text so it must belong in the Coffee Shop............. Wish I had all your toys. Neat idea, Dutch.

Looks like If a guy had the time,maybe cutting back and forth then using a blade with some downforce would almost take it all off.;):D

For some reason Herb, before I finished read your post I bet myself mentally thats what you tried, I scrolled down to see before I finished reading, Got to find me one of them attachments.Love it..MPH

There is an old saying. Give a lazy man a job and he will find an easy way to do it. The thing is this man ends up getting more done with less hard work in less time and most likely at less expense than the guy that works his butt off and gets nothing done. I am not saying Dutch is lazy but the contrary He gets the job done with the least amount of physical labor.

A little philosophy from Maynard. I learn something new everyday. What does "UCD" stand for any way...... Things that make you go Hmmmm. Inquiring minds want to know. :) Ryan

Marty, I knew it as well....I KNEW it wouldnt be a blue liquid or pellets. Were talking about a guy who thinks so much of his wife he built her a snowblade with handles.............
quote:
He gets the job done with the least amount of physical labor.
Thats why man invented machines!

Aren't those attachments supposed to be on diff. tractors?? Stands to reason the # of attachments needs to at least be equaled be the # of tractors.

Okay I didn't want to show my ignorance so I waited. hoping one of you guys would identify the attachment in pic two, is it a snowblower face down or some obscure attachment simplicity made for pulverizing your drivway?

quote:
Originally posted by RedbarnRick
Okay I didn't want to show my ignorance so I waited. hoping one of you guys would identify the attachment in pic two, is it a snowblower face down or some obscure attachment simplicity made for pulverizing your drivway?
Actually it's a rototiller. That's why I asked Herb if he's done vibrating yet:D

quote:
Thats a lawn revitalizer on the back and a sweeper on the front...The revitalizer is kinda like a tiller with straight tines rather than curved tiller tines..

Ok Rick, I'm not that "up" on the attachments either but thats either a revitalizer or aerator or something similar. I think its a revitalizer which I'm under the impression is basically a dethatcher. Bunch of fingers that pull the dead grass out of the lawn. Am I right Dutch?

Think Mowerman has the best way of decibing the revitalizer. But don't you all go getting the idea you need one now, wait til I find mine before you drive the price up..

quote:
Originally posted by KenK
Looks like If a guy had the time,maybe cutting back and forth then using a blade with some downforce would almost take it all off.;):D
I tried that and it doesn't work. The blade just plows up clumps of stones and ice frozen together. Makes a real mess. Best is to loosen the ice and gently brush it off so the sun can heat the stone and start the melting process.
quote:
Originally posted by UCD
I am not saying Dutch is lazy....
Okay I'll not only say it, I’ll admit it..... I'm lazy and I hate to see those tractors doing nothing while I work.
quote:
Originally posted by powermax_paul
Dutch, Are you still vibrating?:D
Do you mean like vibrant (pulsating with life)? Of course I am.
quote:
Originally posted by D-17_Dave
Aren't those attachments supposed to be on diff. tractors?? Stands to reason the # of attachments needs to at least be equaled be the # of tractors.
Not in my garage. Every one of my tractors have multiple attachments. I try to squeeze as much out of each as I possibly can. Besides, remember I'm lazy. I don't like getting on and off machines.
quote:
It is a Revitalizer. It is designed to dethatch lawns. Here's a better photo of it being used to dethatch and vertical cut for reseeding. Attached to it is a Brinly drop spreader so I can do the entire job in one pass (remember I'm lazy). The Revitalizer is similar to a tiller except that it has straight stationary knifes instead of curved tines. I also made a set of hammers that can be attached to the knives. Since the knives are straight, there is virtually no vibration. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/revit.jpg[/img]

The Sweepster Broom is also great for clearing up to 8" of snow off blacktop. No piles like with a blade, no thin layer left to ice over like with a snowthrower. Right down to the blacktop without any chance of scratching. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/dw-before.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/dw-sweep.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/dw-after.jpg[/img]

Sweepster is located not far from here and they are used a lot around in this area. They are made to fit just about anything you might want to use one on. On a CJ jeep you can drive right along the city sidewalk between the meeters and the store fronts it's a great way to remove snow.