Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
patrician12

fun& 1 small problem

patrician12
So far this is the first year I have had a snowblower attachment for my 916.This is our 2nd big snow fall here on Long Island's eastend.My driveway is 400 ft long and 30 ft wide with 4 ft drifts.The A/C cut through it like butter.Took me only 3 1/2 hours and for the first season of use is alot of fun.Is there a snowcab available for it?The only problem I have with it is governor linkage icing.Last week on ebay someone was selling an anti-icing kit and I didn't think to buy it,I realize now I should have.I assume it channels the hot air coming off the engine to blow on carb and linkage.Is this correct?

rjgoth
You are correct, the "anti-icing" kit directs heat from the exhaust and enginge heat and kind of traps it along the carb area aswell as the linkage area. If you are in a pinch I would think that one could make something up out of some sheet metal. All you need to do is bend or fabricate the sheet metal to cover part of the carb and the linkages as well as a portion of the muffler to capture the heat. Good luck to you, Ryan

mowerman1193
I spray wd-40 on mine before every use and it seems to help some...works best if the wd-40 is warm too rather than a cold can from the garage...But the best thing would be to make or get the winterizing kit...

patrician12
Thanks fellows.I sprayed the linkage and then I got an aluminum serving tray.I cut it into desired shapes and pop riveted it together.It covers half the top of the head,the front of the engine and the complete side the has the muffler, carb,fuel line and governor.The air blows perfectly on the parts I don't want to freeze.I think I will leave this as a perfect winter snowblower fix.Don't worry i will remove it in the warm weather.