Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

B-12 going back together ( UPDATE PICTURES)

tractormike

Here are a couple of pictures of one of my current projects, a B-12 with hydro lift. I am going to leave this in original paint for now and rebuild the mechanics of it. I have replaced the tranny and the bevel gearbox so far along with 23x10.50x12 rear ag tires.

Here are some new pictures of my project. I got this tractor for a parts tractor and I was going to take the hydro lift off of it for another tractor but I decided to give this old girl a second chance. Almost all the bolts had fallen out or were loose. The front end was ready to fall off and the tranny and bevel gear box had several damaged bolt holes. The spark plug threads were stripped out, the carb was missing and all the tires were shot. Thanks to 4 different club members I was able to buy the parts I needed to be able to put her back together. It runs and drives quite well. This will be a working tractor for now and when I get Dutch's blade to put on John's hitch it will be on this tractor. The last picture is of the original tail light assembly that has the second little light in it behind a red area of the main bulb reflector. I thought it was kind of cool the way they made the red light as part of the main light. Thanks for the club and the members that had a hand in this project. Another tractor saved.:):):)

That looks like a good way to replace the seat^ when the original seat cover falls apart. On my AC B-12 I just bought a after market seat cover and added some foam cushion. Nice looking AG tires on your tractor. Karl

Are those the original Terra-Turf tires on the front? They look somewhat like the originals. Take more pics when it's done, I'd like to see how it the final product looks with 10.5" tires on the back.

The front tires are from a 416 I bought for parts and are probably the original ones from it. The tires were all shot on this tractor when I got it. I have a set of narrow rims to put tri rib tires on the front of the B-12 when I get it going.

Yes I really like those ag's after putting a set on my 7016H .. They work great... That is a good ideal on the replacing of the seat...

That is looking great Mike. I will look forward to seeing it this year. Hopefully I will bring my Early B-10 this time; I think we needed more yellow there than has been in the past. LOL.

• 1 month later...
That looks great!! I'm glad you decided to save it from the scrap yard there's to many going there now as it is.

That's a great looking tractor. Thanks for sharing it. I really love to see the pictures of these machines.