Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

410S Almost ready

maxtorman1234

I have finished working on the 410. All I need is the pully,starting gear, and i'm ready to use it. Have some pics of the finsihed product. :D THink I would be able to use a bigger tractor like the Deutz 5221 at the Kubota dealer. Will be using this for hauling wood, and its pretty small. Before:

After:

Graham! What happened to the I like The 300/400 Series The Best? [:0] I,m crushed:( By the way, Don;t announce your intentions for a project before you are finished with the negotiations of getting everything you need.Or the price of doing business may go upB)

I'll never have the $ for the deutz, its just one of those things I wish I could get. I do like the 300/400s, but I need something bigger for hauling wood on our 50 acres of forest up north, I think a 5221 with the 3 cyl deisel would be more my size. That thing is a monster! 3pt hitch, rear pto, 3000 hours though, never been able to check out the price, been there for a year outside. I'll probably keep the 410, but may sell the 310 some day. Now has a 12HP engine, and sunstrand hydro:D

Graham, I have a soft spot for the A/C 410S as it was the first and only tractor I used for 20 years.Cut grass,tilled gardens and plowed snow.My dad got it in the mid seventy and I claimed it in the early ninetys.I plan on presenting it to my son Seth on his tenth birthday this coming June 28th.I know he wil be all :D:D.

I'll bet he'll love it. I know I would, THe first tractor I ever used was my fathers 917, and I now greatly prefer the 416. I like the 312H? too, but I must hook up a brake and adjust the linkage, I basicakky dont have reverse. Cant wait to get the 410 going. Also may need a carb too.