Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tryin out the new a/g's w/ chains

wantedinct

Dump the clutch quick before you end up in the tree tops!!Looks like it is ready to blast off. What tires do you have on the rear and how did the chains stay put or do they tend to fall between the lugs? It looks like it was a lot of fun to play with!:D:D:D

Good question about keeping chains in place on Ag tires. Any tricks? I have Chen Shin's on my wifes Big Ten. Using 4 link spacing V-bar chains. I am using rubber chain tensioners on the outside and also using neoprene bungees on the inside. But the cross links seem to always end up between the lugs. Would 2 link chains stay put better?? Thanks for any hints GregB

My 2 link Chains work great on my 7016H... They don't seem to fall off between the lugs... I can't get my tractors to climb like that....

This is all i have done, nothing special,i got the rubber chain tightener things at nappa.

The chain's pretty much stay put.

Why is that such a thrill? I love doing it, though most of my snow is too dry to ever get packed hard enough til it freezes in place. Bunky, your 7016 is most likely to heavy in front, my 725 will climb better then the B-112 will, though I did have to dig it out once too when I went past the old froozen burm. I still find the best way to put chains on is to deflate the tires, hook 'em tight as possible, then reinflate. Them rubber bands don't work for me as they lose thier strength if I leave the tractor sit outside when it gets 'cold' here. Bunggy cords are free up here all winter long, all you got to do is stop and pick them up off the side of the road. tell me something..

My Wheel Horse will climb like that...one time I have too good of luck climbing and went on over the top and got stuck on the other side, LOL I just run turf tires with chains..no wieghts or anything

:DReal fine looking rig!!! BUT, what Marty said. I too have gone that extra couple of inches, just to feel the front wheels drop to the frame!!! :(And do I ever hate those tools with wooden handles!!:(

Mowerman, I tried the same thing, climbing a pile of snow with the 310 when we first got it going, went right over and got hung up on the top. Just using turf tires.

The chain's i got off e-bay, they said they were for 23/8.5x12 tires, and the front wheel weights i picked up at home depot,they were marked down to $25.00ea. from $50.00ea. so i grabbed them, i had to drill two holes through each rim to mount them, well worth it,it steers great in the snow now.