Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

725 paint

eric_3212h

Getting ready to start on the 725 after finding a good motor. I believe it has been re-painted at some time. Does anyone have any close-up pics of a restored one ? All the parts on this are the red even down to starter button, switches, transmission etc. Is this right?

I redid mine over the past year, I used chevy orange-red, dupli color engine paint, close as I could come in squirt cans up here. Here's a couple pics, Best I can tell they are all the same color except the wheels, sterring wheel, steering post, and them high class chrome emblems. The switch, throtle control and choke control I don't believe should be painted.

The grill is not orange either. You may do well to spent some time on SimpletrACtors looking through the gallery and the whats new section. If you have never done so you will be amazed at what you can learn there, Kent has more info there then I can remember...Good luck

Martin, good looking 725. But that shadow comeing up behind you might be a prise picture. Looks big enough to be be a bidfoot or something.

Naw Dave, ain't no bigfoot dumb enough too live up here. Measured it once when my boys were young, think the winter sun is at a 6 degree angle. Had to go up to the road for those pics cuz the sun doesn't hit the ground in my yard, its about 170 feet to the trees from my house. Thanks for the atta boy

On my wonderboy 700 I had the paint mixed to match.It costed more but I don't use this tractor and wanted it to look good for a long time.Bob

It looks like the 725's and 700's were a bit more red than the Chevy Block Orange. Is that correct or are my eyes just getting old?

• 2 weeks later...
thanks all for the tips . The grill looks to be expanded metal. I will probably be using the Chevy orange or orange red. I did see a brand called majic tha had a AC red but not any for Simplicity. The steering wheel looks like it is going to be hard for paint to stick to. Thanks again.