Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Simp versus Allis

rokon2813

Just couldnt let the Allis name be shown up by the Simplicity name }:) And no tire chains on these Ags either. ;)

This pile is this high for about 40 feet back.

This one is about 15 feet front to back and 40 feet wide.

Been pushing it up like this all year. For lack of any better place to put it all. Theres another similar pile on each side of the driveway at the road. We quit getting mail 3 or 4 days ago when the snowplow took out the mailbox. The bank is now higher than the post... By the way, I go about 180# and so does the rear weight :D:D Oh yea, plus the 40# on each rear wheel ;)

Remember these from a few days ago ? It got warm enough to do a little extra playing outside today. 27 degrees. Before...

After... [img]/club2/attach/rokon2813/feb01749.jpg[/img]

Looks great, We've never had a decent blade to use, so we just use the blower. I wish I had that much snow up here!

With a stash of blades like that Dan, maybe somebody will swap you a blower for one of them, you need a 42 inch for where you live. Cooooool pics.

Got a blower, just gotta put it together. It was under that pile till today. But now everybody knows why they cant find blades.... Got the big shop too, just need a bigger heater. LOL

quote:
Originally posted by Allis_B12
How do you drive up a pile like that?
LOTS of traction ;) and lift the plow slowly when you hit the pile to make a "ramp" for the front tires. By the way guys, the "official" numbers were 61.3 inches of snow in January in the city of Rochester. Second highest recorded month in history. And the weather man said those of us near the lake shore got "significantly" more. Rochester is the closest official weather station. About 35 miles away.

Looks like somebody is having fun with their Allis chalmers tractor.:D Very interesting what you find under all that snow, like snow blades,snow blowers.;):o) Karl

I can honestly say I am glad I dont live anywhere near you. We got 8.5"+ of snow,sleet,freezing rain today. Wet, heavy and no fun to push. My piles are no where near as high as yours, thank god!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quote:
Originally posted by rokon2813
quote:
Originally posted by Allis_B12
How do you drive up a pile like that?
LOTS of traction ;) and lift the plow slowly when you hit the pile to make a "ramp" for the front tires. By the way guys, the "official" numbers were 61.3 inches of snow in January in the city of Rochester. Second highest recorded month in history. And the weather man said those of us near the lake shore got "significantly" more. Rochester is the closest official weather station. About 35 miles away.
Hey Dan! My youngest just got accepted to RIT for the fall '04 :D:DI have made a few campus visits, but i guess i'll be a regular up there. Unless she gets accepted at The Cooper Union in NYC.:)

Great, we'll have to set something up. We're only 45 minutes to an hour from the campus. If you need any info on the area just ask.