Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Blowing Snow

BruceF

This is the first time this winter we have gotten enough snow to mess with. This was the snow we got from Sunday night untill this morning. I was snowed in and had to force my way out.

This is what my truck looked like.

I was able to drive the truck through the drift after a few times going back and forth and into the street.

Here sits my two tractors. 716h w/blower and B1 w/Johnson Loader.

Neither tractor was ready to go so I decided to get out one of my free snowblowers. This one didn't run when I got it and all I had to do was replace the head gasket.

Tried to get a few action shots. Hard to do while hanging onto the machine.

This is the snow I put this little blower through.

Here you can see the snow drift is higher than the snow blower.

Took a little longer than with a tractor but at least it was done with a Simplicty.:)

Thanks for the pics. I think we're just getting the front of the storm that passed through your area in Western MA now. I'm sure you'll have more fun clearing once you get those tractors running. I'm heading out to do some final adjusting on a 48inch plow I installed last night on my 725.

wish we had that much.finally got the big ten and snow blower working.we had about 4"-5" before it turned to rain and sleet.came home from work and its about 2" of slush.so i thought i'd try it and it didn't work,kept clogging up so i parked it.wish i would have got my deutz allis back home with plow.then i could play.

Bruce, Great pics....its about time someone else in this state got some snow. Seems like weve been wacked good up here. Nice rigs!!!! DougM

That little guy did a great job. Bummer you didn't have your tractors ready for it. Thanks for posting the pics, I keep seeing snowflakes all over the national map but I guess only a few of you get snowed on.

Nice to see some one got to play in the snow. That is a small snow blower;)is that a 4hp Briggs & Stratton engine? Sure looks like it worked very hard.;) Too bad your tractors are not ready for the snow. Karl

Yes it is a 4hp Briggs. Also only a 20" auger. Actually didn't work it too hard. Just lots of passes. This was the first time in three years not just this year I had to move any snow, so I hadn't been in a big hurry to move the tractors inside and get them ready. Next year will be different.(Famous last words);):D

I love seeing snow pics..! It seems that i go stir crazy in January, unless we get snow..Then by February Im totally nuts wanting to get outside...Whether its to move snow or mow grass...fortunaltey we've had some snow (south central Wisconsin) with more on the way tonight and tomorrow!! Great pics...! Have fun jay