Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Garden Mark

riverrunner16

Hello All, Kinda new to the tractor scene after buying an ole' Garden Mark with following...16HP Briggs,tiller,homemade front mounted blade and homemade hydraulics (a power steering pump mounted on grill fed off front driveshaft)...I can not find any numbers on frame or tiller to see what I really have and get some manuals etc. it sure looks like the Landlord by looking at some of the pictures in the gallery and what not..great website ! 73 Thanks, Scott

Hi Scott, Welcome to the best tractor site on the web, Sounds like what you have is a Garden Mark Squire, Post us some pictures if you can. Just remember these old tractors can be habit forming, one tractor can lead to another, and then you will need a third and then a fourth and then....;):D Have fun and happy tractoring8D:D

Welcome to home of tractor nuts Scott. If your Garden Mark looks like a Landlord it should have a 9 or 10hp at the most. So we know the Briggs is not OEM. Sounds like it has a few modifications done to it. I'm interested in seeing the P/S pump hydro lift set-up, have thought of doing that myself. Too bad for all of us Simplicity used stickers for serial #'s. Guess they never thought of us all 40 years later..

Scott, I have a 1961 Wards Garden Mark Squire. Mine has been changed quite a bit. 14Hp Kohler, vertical exhaust, 23x10.5x12 Ag tires on rear, three spoke automotive steering wheel, different seat, Dynamark rear fenders, larger foot rests, flexjoints in driveshaft, and other mods. It now has two big brothers, an AC716H and an AC712S, also soon to have a Sears Suburban (Roper) with a front end loader (got to build it). Welcome to the club. Hope you enjoy your Garden Mark as much as my boys and I have enjoyed ours.

I have a 1963 gardenmark and it looks just like a simp 725 and it is orange. The newer MW Gmarks were painted gold and look like the simp 2010 (I think its the 2010 however it is the late 60's model simp) There were some Monkey ward tractors that were made by gilson. Look up the pictures on this site to see if yours matches the pictures. Good luck and welcome to the club. John H PS let us know what you find out.

WOW... Thanks guys for the quick responses..I am pretty sure now it is a 725...under a few coats of orange paint it looks like it was orange when new and looks like the 725's in the gallery..and the 32" tiller..I will try to post a pic when I can and yes this appears to be an addicting hobby (I can't afford many more hobbies). It is amazing how much info is on this website. We just moved so I may need to homebrew a 3 gang mower so I can mow our bigger yard and that front-end loader looks really cool to move horse manure around with ...I am sure the wife would go for that! Thanks again guys, 73 from Idaho Scott

Welcome to the club Scott...This isnt only a hobby...Im thinking that its some kind of cult...I was told that i could never leave! And yes, they are VERY addictive... 1 will lead to another and before you know it you will have 5 or 6...or maybe 30 like some of these guys! Have fun...looking forward to seeing pics of your machines!! 73 jay