Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

More old pics of working machines

rsachs

I was back at my mom's last week and managed to find some pictures of our 1964/5 Mongomery Ward garden Mark Squire 10 in action. These first two are from 1970 of my dad with a home-made grinder he was very proud of.

This one is about 1969, my sister taking us for a ride.

We still use the Squire 10 at mom's for mowing and snow removal. She has the original owners manual and the cover page has the Simplicity 101 on it with no mention of Montgomery Wards anywhere.

Elon, Yes it is still in the back of the shed. Hasn't seen any use for probably 25 years. As I recall we had problems with the fingers/hammers shearing off. Dad was a tool room machinist by trade and designed most of his creations in his head until ready to fabricate. "Grinder Gus" was better at the 1" to 3" stuff, the finer stuff seemed to get between the hammers and just bind up. I will try to get some better pictures and measurements the next time I make the trip back home, but that might be a month or so. I would like to restore the chipper if I can talk my siblings into leting me have it. Thanks for asking. Rollin

I sure like to see these old pictures...Looks like he did a great job building that chipper... Thjanks for sharing

Dave, that would be me in the stripped shirt in the front of the wagon. Thought we had some other pictures of working the garden plot, but they might be on 8mm home movies.