Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Montgomery ward walk behind model H

garyjunkins

I am trying to rebuild one of these units. I believe it is a 1959 or 1960 year model. Need to know where I could find parts or if that is even a possibly. Thank to every body for any info.

I'm not sure if yours is like a simplicity walker or not? Look up the pictures (under simpletractors) of the walk behind simp and compare. If yours is a simplicity then you should be able to find parts around here somewhere. Good luck and welcome to the club. John H

Did Wards sell walkers made by anyone else? Been in a disscusion with my brother about Wards walkers he recalls looking at when we were kids. Sent him pictures of some Simplicity's and he said he don't recall the orange, did Simplicity paint them different for Wards? Gary, Welcome to thee club, sorry I have more questions then answers for your post.

Wards also had a "walker" made my the Midland Company out of Milwaukee. I recently bought a Wards Power Trac Rider that has the Wisconsin BKN engine and the factory sulky with the steering wheel. It accepts most of the Simplicity made Wards attachments. I have found conflicting research as to whether the Midland Company was a subsidiary of Simplicity. Some have told me it was totally independent and built tractors to Wards specification which Wards made sure fit the Simplicity built tractors. I'm picking up my Wards Power Trac tomorrow and will try to post a photo. If anyone knows more about the Midland Company or the Midland built Wards tractors I'd be glad to hear from you. The original color of the Midland built wards was the standard orange with the David Bradley green colored rims.

• 1 month later...
Hello to every one that answer back in Feb. I am back from AZ. looking for parts for my walker. It is a montgomery wards and was Simplicity orange. I have the transaxle tore down and I need the inter set of 3 gears and the clutch rings. I have a parts book and can get the #'s and part name. If any one knows of where I can find them, that would be great. I do appreicate any help or advice. Gary Junkins

Are you sure its a model H and not a model W ? Is it a 3speed forward and one reverse?A picture would help. If its the 3 speed plus reverse and happens to be a model W the tranny is the same as the 725 tractor as far as gears go so you may be able to find a whole tranny here and take out the parts you need.

Thank you for answering my question. according to the book I have it is a model H. It also looks just like the walk behinds that are in the pictures on this web site. the tranny is a 3 speed an 1 reverse, but I need the gears that are down on the axle. Iam not aware of the 727 model. thanks for the help

I think you should join the club, that way you can post pics, and get into all the info on the site, anyway, heres what a 725 looks like.

yes, I will do that soon. as of now I don't have a way of putting pictures up, but am working on it. thank you

The Simplicity model H,V,VA,VB,VC all had the same 3 speed trans. Check these web sites for more information on Simplicity 2 wheel walk behind tractors. [url]http://www.simplicityva.com[/url] [url]http://www.simplicityva.com/simpmodel.html[/url]
quote:
I have the transaxle tore down and I need the inter set of 3 gears and the clutch rings. I have a parts book and can get the #'s and part name.
What are the parts you need & part numbers? I might have the parts you are looking for. Karl

Karl The parts book I have shows the tractor as a model H or VC. I need a set of 3 of (AD) SPACER, PINION 121163 (AE)PINION 121118 (3) (AK) TWO GEAR, RINGS 121151 (AL)COVER ASSY. 121148 I Think I can reuse (AC) Spider Assy. 155022 If I can find these parts I believe she will run again. Any help is appreciated. Thank you

• 3 weeks later...
hello nobody answer my list of parts. wondering if I need to be on another forum. not sure yet where all I need to be. I thought I had found the parts thru Agco dealer, but he called and said all numbers had been discontinued. Any help would be appreciated.

No I have not. Would you know of a # for them? I will see if I can find them on the web. Thank you