Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

NEW tank

dhardin

Someone asked me a few days ago how my gas tank was coming. Should have the last coat of paint on it soon.

Also the last coat of paint on the deck to.

I all most dont remember what grass looks like. This is not that old of a pic.

Looks good, I almost forget what grass looks like too, except for the places the snow melted in the paths that I blew. Is the rear tire low? It seems to be sitting on an angle. Im hoping to restore my 416 to somewhat decent condition. Just not sure Im ready to do it. Theres so many peices im sure i'll mess something up.

Ok, thats what I thought first, but changed it. Is the tank for that tractor? Did you weld the corners? Looks like you did a good job,

Yes it hold 1 1/2 gallons and fits in my Landlord. The tanks is 22 gage steel and soldered together. Its four peaces, 2 ends and a center peace, and the old filler hole with the threads for the cap. I have a lot of pic in my film camera I took. I hope to do a photo spread and desrcription of the process for the "tech tips and articles" some day when i find the time. Actually it was a lot easier than I had thought.

Wow you did a nice job on that tank...Looking forward to seeing the artical in the tech tips... Tractor looks good too...