Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Garden Mark Squire

RayS

Just curious about if these are very collectable or not or if there is any interest in these machines. I know that they are the same as the landlords but a different color. I have a lead on one that is suppose to be in good condition, but I don`t need another tractor.

A collectable is in the eye of the collector. No two people collect exactly the same tractors. To most of us, none of them are just junk and should be thrown away. The collecting part is that everyone admires a well restored machine, regardless of which one it is. The Garden Mark Squire is a great machine. I have one. Mine is not original, more like a Hot Rod. It has been in the family for nearly twenty years and will probably always be. Both of my boys love that tractor. I'm sure either one of them would take it and preserve it. The boys like the Squire much better than the two AC7XX series tractors that I also have.

Ray, I would have to agree with Rod. I am partial to the Squire myelf, but that is what I grew up with. If the price is right I don't think you will be unhappy with it.

IMO, they may be a bit more collectible than a Landlord, simply because there's likely not nearly as many still left around... Only challenge could be any Wards-unique decals would have to be custom made for a restoration. I know some of the earlier Wards actually used some chrome script rather than vinyl decals...

I was just curious because it will come with another tractor, tiller and a mint condition summer cab that I want to put on my B 10. I was getting the other stuff just to sell and the garden mark is in to good of condition to just part out. RayS

When I got my Wards, there were no decals on it. There were two chrome metal logos on the sides of the hood. I have preserved them and they are stored in the garage until such time as I decide to restore the tractor to the original condition.

I have an orange 1963 gmark squire and it is the exact same as a simp 725. There were newer one that were gold color and they were made by simplicity also. MW did sell some tractors made by gilson. JH

I agree with Kent...I have more of a desire for the rare or odd ball type stuff...but like someone else said..not everyone collects the same stuff..I think if the price was right I would grab it...

I could see how it might be more collectible than a Landlord, in that while the general population may be totally unaware of our little empire, everyone has heard of "Monkey Wards." Just as Sears Roebuck houses are now sought after, both for their quality and (I believe) the quirky idea that Sears sold houses by the railcar, I'd say the Wards tractor would have a wider market for those not necessarily as into tractors as we are. Sears also sold their own brand of car, briefly, a long time ago--not sure who made it. Peter

I converted a gold Squire 9 into a yellow Allis Chalmers. I felt obligated to my original B110 that was faithful to me for over 30 years. I really didnt care about the value since I really have no interest in selling it.

quote:
Originally posted by Vinnie_A
I converted a gold Squire 9 into a yellow Allis Chalmers. I felt obligated to my original B110 that was faithful to me for over 30 years. I really didnt care about the value since I really have no interest in selling it.
I have thought about doing that with one of my Landlords...Kinda like to have a AC yellow one...