Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
EricD

Getting by...with...help from friends

EricD
I have a Gilson 48" blade that I wanted to run on my 725. To do this properly, a modification to the mounting was required. The Gilson connection at the plow frame head was a larger diameter than the Simplicity frame's head. I didn't get a good picture of the two heads side to side for diameter contrast but photo's will show the mods. The other mod issue required lengthening the frame to accommodate the larger swing of the plow angle so it wouldn't hit the front wheels at full extention. Here are photo's of the problem, and then the solution. [img]/club2/attach/ericd/problem.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ericd/fe.JPG[/img] Here is the fix compliments of club member ReedS. His handiwork came just in the nick of time because we're getting hit with a nice winter storm today! Thumbs up Reed, excellent work. Soon as the baby is fed and dry I'll be out trying the new set up. [img]/club2/attach/ericd/nicefixfour.JPG[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ericd/nicefixfive.JPG[/img]

HubbardRA
Good job! I have one of those blades with the same mount. It will be set up for my tractors before long. I am planning to build the rear portion that attaches to the axle and keep the current mount that is attached to the blade. I'll post pictures when I get it done. I am currently using a Wheel Horse blade. It is not spring loaded, and has no runners.

EricD
Hey Reed that plow works excellent. So nice having the full angle extention. Having 48" as opposed to 42" really changes seat time (if I wanted it to be shorter that is). The HD springs are nice and take the punch out of snagging on clumps of ice. Thanks again, you really did an excellent job. I think the one photo looking strait down shows just how well you centered the bracket up on the plow head. Exactly what we discussed and really with perfect timing.

ReedS
Good to hear that it worked well Eric, it was a simple modification, so to speak, although you may find that you need some more counter balance to offset the extra length. It was the least I could do since that Gilson 16 had a good coil on it that saved me about 80 bucks since I burned up the one on the 3415 out of my own foolishness expierimenting with ignition swithes that weren't the same. Of course anytime you run into a tractor deal like that serf, I'm only 15 mins away! LOL [:0]:):D