Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
dav

first time snowblowing

dav
Well, it finally snowed enough to try out the blower on the Big Ten! I've been trying to get the blower sorted out for a while now. It's a single belt model that I got at the last show of '03 in Ct. I read nasty comments here about three belt blowers and decided to pass on several that I ran across. I broke the pulley on the front of my parts tractor taking it off so I have a slightly smaller after market one. It seems to do quite well. Still haven't rigged up a lever to the pto so I just pushed it on before I got on the tractor. Have a barbell shaft (cut to 16 inches-arbitrarilly chosen length) with a homemade weight of about 30 pounds on it. Had to add about 15 more pounds to get it balanced right. I was quite surprised at how far the machine throws snow...and how fast the wind blows it back! Got one chunk of something solid that made a dark blot in the discharge after shaking the heck out of the tractor. Other than that, it was easy and, dare I say it, FUN!! NOT that I want to do it again, NOSIREE. But since snow is inevitable in New Hampshire, well you know Wonder if I should temp fate by selling the snowshovels?

mowerman1193
Yes they will throw that snow pretty good..and if your lucky you will have the direction of the wind in your favor...otherwise you will look like a snowman real fast... I did learn that if I adjust the shoot/spout down some that it doesn't blow back at you nearly as bad...

ehertzfeld
quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
I did learn that if I adjust the shoot/spout down some that it doesn't blow back at you nearly as bad...
But it's so cool to watch how far it throws!!!:D:D:D