Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
KSever

Correct size pto pulley?

KSever
I am in need of the front pto pulley to install the single belt snowblower while I get the 3 belt blower running. Only problem is I do not know what size this pulley should be? I do have a 4 1/2", will this work or is it too small? Does anybody know the correct size for this pulley?

JimC_Vt
Witout stepping outside into the cold frigid snowy night and actually measuring the dia.of my pulley on my 2010,I'd have to say your close to the correct diameter ,I do know the belt sits deep inside the pulley......only two things are gonna happen when you install the pulley ... 1). it's gonna work ! 2). it's not gonna work ! Go for it . see ya Jim

mowerman1193
I have never measured mine but I would estimate it at about 4 - 4 1/2...I would guess that your pulley would work...I am sure someone will give you the measurements before I can out to the shop to see...

dav
My Big Ten had a 4 1/4 inch pulley. I broke it taking it off so I asked my daughter to go to the bearing store. They could special order the cast iron pulley in 4 1/4 or she could take a sheet metal one. She opted for a 4 inch cast iron 'cause it looked more like it!' Works fine. Gets quite hot from friction when the blower is disengaged. I think a larger pulley might make it throw further due to increased blower speed but 4 inch does the job.

KSever
Went down today and picked up a 5" pulley just to try instead of the 4 1/2" pulley I had. I think I like the 5" pretty well seems to throw pretty far but it does seem to bog down just a little in VERY deep snow.

Had to make a little trail today so I could play around but I really told the wife it was a dog walking path ;)

I know! Where is your HAT!! But I do have gloves!

D-17_Dave
You've got the same problem I do. Sept. backwards. I got a yellow tractor and a red snowblower. I figured if I traded one somehow I'd lose the other and be right back in the same shape.