Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

312 time frame

MPH

Found a guy who owns an AC 312 in Anchorage area. Looked through SimpletrACtors last nite and from what I could learn these were only built in 1971 with the 400 series being built in 72 and 73. Is this right? Also, they either had electric or manual lift, no hydro lift on the hydro drives? Thanks..

No hydro lift but they do have a hydrostatic drive model with a Vickers unit.I personally belive a hydro lift could be mounted in a 300 series that has a manual lift.Will find out for sure if I can find one to experiment with.It wouldn't work on one that is setup for an electric lift or a 400 series.

I know on my 310, I can add the hydro lift, Just dont have the patience now, because I cannot even keep the engine running to drive it now. Decided to be a pain after I switched the linkage for the hydro, and have not had time to experiment with it. Need 3 feul pump rebuild kits now. Also, tried running the 410 today, me being stupid, forgot the shaft in the bgb was not fastned, so the shaft came out, lost the key inside the bgb, now have to remove the fenders, side plate on the trans, and find the key. I wont do that again!