Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Latest project pulled into shed 3410

nighteye

Heres my latest project tractor. I got it at a garage sale last Fall and finally have some tractor time to spend. It seems like a tough old tractor and real heavy to push. Was told the only thing wrong with it is a carb problem. I've never worked on a briggs yet and could use a little help on the type of motor in there. Its a 3410S ID#756-004594. Cant seem to locate any numbers on the Briggs motor I have an old 3110v in the barn in parts and hope to be able to switch carbs. They look pretty similar.

Nice looking tractor you got there...I am not sure but I think that carb on your parts machine will work... Good luck with it...

You should be able to get a carb rebuild kit for about $25, heck maybe just a good cleaning would get it going....

Looks like it has an electric lift on it. As Kirk said (daddycat) don't always assume what someone tells you is wrong is right. If it does not start it could be as simple as points adjustment, or a grounded wire. Check spark first.

3410's are tuff tractors,I have had 3 and still have my puller and a parts tractor. the other carb will fit, but like thedaddycat said kits for the large flowjet are cheep, and if you live in the north you will most likely need a float if its been sitting. good luck

On one engine the carb off another engine just alike would not run as good. Or the parts inside them were not the same. :D

Nice tractor. I have a 3410 that has the hood (w/side lights), seat pan, and BGB from a homelite t-13. I just had the motor rebuilt and ready to install. I hope it will be a good runner. Good luck, JH

Thanks for the input gents; I got into it a bit on Sunday and found a few problems. First thing was a real dirty fuel tank with NO FILTER in the line. I pulled that out and did a number on it and noticed where some kind of clamp or vice grips had been used on the hose to shut the fuel off. When I put gas in, it leaks bad from under the Carb. That must be the problem he talked about. Traced an electrical problem down to the ignition switch. (The organ doner 3112v came through again) It fires good and I hope to get her running tonight. Then comes the teardown and fixit and cleanit and paintit time. Then I'll send another picture. Thanks again for your input and advice. Ken