Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Belts

Terry_Hart

Question for the group. Yesterday, I was blowing snow, (well really water and slush). I got a little carried away at the end of the driveway. I hit some ice and smoked the belt. It still worked just not well. Today I went out to look at the belt. I had jumped the idler and rolled over. I re-set the belt and ran it over the idler as it is supposed to be. When I engage the PTO, it rolls right over again. My question is, will the belt shred now, running inside out?

Yes the 'vee' portion has been taken out of play and you'll be lucky if the belt in that position will transmit any power at all.

I bet it was'nt a Simplicity belt..If it rolled over like that its most likely a cheaper belt...or at least not a mower grade belt...