Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I need help

Hi fellows and gals, I just moved into a new neighborhood and bought a new Simplicity tractor. I’m having trouble already. I noticed that a man who lives near me owns Simplicity tractors and I asked him to help me. Sometimes this man seems nice. He says he is trying to help me, but he is rude. When I told him his demeanor frightens me and makes me feel bad, he suggested I join this club where he is a member. He even helped me join and paid my dues. My problem is that my new Simplicity tractor won’t run. The dealer says my engine is bad and it’s not covered under warranty. I haven’t even made the first payment yet. Can someone please help me?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Dutch

• UCD

• Leroy

• RedbarnRick

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

First of all take it to a different dealer and see what they say and then contact simplicity yourself if this is a new tractor. you should thank your neighbor for suggesting this club it's very helpful and has good members to work with!!!! what excactly is your tractor doing or not?

When you contact Simplicity Mfg.com mention the response from the dealer this is not the customer support you should expect from a dealer and this is a rare complaint. All the dealers I've dealt with for 25 years have been helpful and supportive.

Stanley Welcome to the club Dutch freighting and rude can't be Dutch. I agree with Rick no payment until fixed. Dutch is quite knowledgeable with these tractors and how to solve your problem. You should listen to any advice he gives you. Especially since he is letting you use his computer.

Thanks for the quick replys. I’m glad you agree with me. I have no way to take the tractor to another dealer. I did call simplicity and they side with the dealer. I told them I was not going to make any payments. Herb is nice to let me use his computer because I lost mine. He just laughs when I tell him he’s rude. The problem is Herb sides with the dealer to. They all say it’s my fault because of the gas I used. How could that be. The gas was left over from my other tractor and that tractor ran fine until I lost it.

Hi,Welcome to the club... I have never heard of a deal like that from Simplicity Co. But I have heard of some dealers giving a run around like that...I wonder if the motor manufacture would give the same run around if you contacted them?Might be worth a try..

Stanley is quite a guy. Ask him to tell you the whole story. Me, rude? Some people confuse honesty and directness with being rude. Stanley "lost" his computer (well sort of), so I'm letting him use the computer in my shop. Stanley has reminded me several times today how slow my old computer is compared with the one he "lost." Sorry Stanley. Yup, Stanley is quite a guy. He's an atheist, he's a liberal, and he hates Bush. I could say, "God only knows why Stanley tolerates me," but I know why. Stanley is using me....... Right Stanley? Stanley thinks that type of honesty is being rude. All that aside, I like Stanley. He makes me smile, and he's entertaining.

Welcome to the club Stanley, I also agree with Rick and Maynard I would not make any payments until the issue is resolved. Having said that I think you should be very thankful that you have a kind, generous, knowledgeable neighbor like Herb that is willing to help you out. Herb rude? That would be the last thing that I would say about Herb, Strait forward, to the point, honest. BTW how dids you loose your computer and other tractor?

Welcome to the Club you will find many hours of info. and help on here.... I would also have to say Try another Dealer... It sounds like a run around to me and otherwise I wouldn't make a payment til it's fixed....

DipStick..... Huh, now I know where you got the name. Liberal + Athiest = DipStick LOL Honistly I am just kidding :) Welcome to the club, you definatly have come to the right place for info on Simplicity and AC tractors. Welcome, Ryan

Welcome to the club...! be careful with the no-payment ideas...If youre financing it with someone other than Simplicity or the dealer you got it from you could end up with other problems down the road... Have fun! jay

HI and welcome to the club! I had a few questions, first what type of engine is it a diesel or gas? What was the diagnosis from the dealer? If you used bad gas did it it just gumm up the carb/injector pump, or did the engine flood and somehow get gash washed? A little more info would be helpful. take care john

Come on somebody, Dipstick or Dutch, tell us what the problems ergo the dispute is over. Thanks Mike Or is this just a tease.......LOL Dutch hanging with a "liberal" is it leg pullin' time... Mike

Methinks I smell a rat; or a big dead fish. Dipstick for a financial advisor you did pretty good so far==got someone else to pay your bill. Whats the real complete story? Honesty is not withholding information in order to formulate answers from others and thereby take advantage of them. H-ll, I think dutch is d-m nice to be putting up with a rude dude like you.

Is this the coffee shop or is there a point to all of this nonsense. What's wrong with the tractor (if it indeed exists other than in an imanginary wonderland)?

Hi, I don't know if this is for real or if we are on another chain yanking thing, and I don't care. First off one cannot really comment on this until one knows the details. I do not know if it is a warranty issue or not. We have helped people get warranty on issue that were in the gray area, and I have never been refused on a call to a factory that I sincerely felt that a customer was entitled to warranty on a questionable issue. I also am just as fair about people wanting warranty that are not entitled to it. It doesn't matter what tractor you buy, warranty only covers defective parts and labor. The engine warranty is covered by the engine manufacturer. Issues like diry fuel, water in the fuel, stale fuel ARE NOT covered by any manufacturers warranty, nor failures caused by lack of maintainance as prescribed in the owners manual. Just came from Briggs service school Thur and a number of these issues were presented and discussed. A carb with water in it, no warranty. A carb with a plastic shavings, likely from the fuel tank molding and trimming, the warranty should be paid by the tractor mfr and the engine mfr would reject it. Engine failures that show dirt ingestion, loose air cleaner nuts etc. not warranty. Another case that was brought up. An engine failure where the engine ran out of oil and blew. Most commonly not warranty. They say the manual says to check the oil before each use. If this is done the customer should have brought the engine in because of excessive oil consumption. We are not allowed to make short block decisions with any company other than Tecumseh. We are a Tecumseh Premier dealer and this allows us to sign off short blocks. With any of the other engine companies, a rep comes in on short blocks and signs off on them. If there is aluminum stuck on the crank, unless there is a part failure that caused the lack of lube, [Ex. broken dipper]they most likely will reject it. Other areas they look at are the upper main bearing, the inside of the piston skirt for signs of heat. We had a Vangard rejected 3 years ago due to temp. customer never cleaned the fins, packed. If the aluminum gets a yellow tinge, the aluminum has reached 550 to 700 degrees. We do warranty work for Wal-mart and Menards and 80% of the mowers that they bring in are not warranty. Most are dirty fuel. Simplicity is THE MOST most liberal of any companies we deal with on issues that are in the gray area regarding the limits of coverage. They go far beyond what anyone does. They have no say on engine warranty. I am not trying to be negative, but people must realize that Warranty covers only defective parts and labor. We ususally go over items that are not warranty when we sell a new unit. We usually point out the common items that aren't warranty. Would like to know ALL of the details on this problem, before I would comment. I will point out that not making the payments will not change whether something is warranty or not. It will destroy a credit rating. My thoughts, they are free, value accordingly. Al Eden

Welcome to the Club, DipStick. I see you are a 'Financial Advisor'. I am also a Financial Advisor. In the ever-changing, intricate financial world, I often find myself in need of advice. I need to rely on trusted sources for good input on complicated situations. I see that you also are willing to ask questions when in need. Finding dutch and this website was good fortune for you. I found this site by using a 'Google' search 2+ years ago. These fellows and gals will not steer you wrong. If your dealer has been non-cooperative, find another dealer. Try Simplicity again, execpt ask for a supervisor. Keep asking and complaining if necessary. Be persistant. The squeaky wheel gets the grease. Good luck. Tacey

If the gas is anything like the gas I use in my david bradley tritrac it could cause a problem.I have used the same gas in it for 3 years.Jake a freind of mine hassels me all the time about how it stinks when it is running(don't try smelling the gas in the tank)It stinks.The gas is a little gummy but that old Wisconsin still runs and its a wild ride.Bob