Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Tri-ribbed tires in snow

mowerman1193

My Landlord 2010 that I just picked up has new tri-rib tires on it...While playing around on it driving around the yard I knoticed it seems to turn with less slipping than my tractors with the studded type factory tires...I don't have chains or any implements on it so that might have some effect I don't know but I would think the studded tires would do better in the snow but from what I seen so far those tri-ribs really grip... Anyone running the tri ribs have any comments about them while plowing or snowblowing??Just thinking I might get a few sets for my other tractors...

Here is TractorMike's respone when I asked how he liked his on his 2010.. Marty, the tri rib tires do a good job of turning the tractor in the snow, I really like them. I got them from tucker tire and have another set to put on my B-12 project.

Thanks Marty,I think when I redo one of these 9hp Landlords I will get me another set of those...Like the looks of them too..

I'm sure you will like the tri ribs up front. The 2010 with tri ribs and the blade would hold going across a hill much better that my blower tractor with the standard turf tread wider tires. Post some pics of your new toy if you can.

I liked the Tri ribs, The only problem I had with the Tri Ribs is when i was tilling and it was too wet The grooves filled up with mud.... I'm going to buy another set for my RBT when I redo it... But this Time I want to try and Find a set like the farm tractors have with the raised rib in the center..... I thought I saw a set at portland...

quote:
Originally posted by tractormike
I'm sure you will like the tri ribs up front. The 2010 with tri ribs and the blade would hold going across a hill much better that my blower tractor with the standard turf tread wider tires. Post some pics of your new toy if you can.
I hope to post some picture of it soon...been having problems with my camera cable connection to the PC...I investigated it and found that my 9 month old son broke one of the connector pins off in the cable...I tried fixing it and thought it was working so I hooked it up and it shut my PC down so I think I shorted something...I got the PC going again but I am not hooking that old cable up again..I will wait and get a new one...

quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
I liked the Tri ribs, The only problem I had with the Tri Ribs is when i was tilling and it was too wet The grooves filled up with mud.... I'm going to buy another set for my RBT when I redo it... But this Time I want to try and Find a set like the farm tractors have with the raised rib in the center..... I thought I saw a set at portland...
I picked up a set from either Tucker Tire or Sel-lo. I think they might be what you are looking for. They are the Cub Cadet tires.

I got a new cable so now the pictures are posted in the Snow and Tell... Thanks for the advice Ambler..I will look into the reader...