Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Snowflakes worst nightmare: RETURNS!

MarcusInMd

Hey everyone, I just wanted to post a quick picture of the legacy throwing some snow. This was from a couple of weeks ago. I was thowing snow on my neighbors drivEway (large hill) :D Lot's of fun. Incidently, the repair that I made a few weeks back did not hold and I was forced to take the lift arm to my neighbors car shop where he welded the bar on the sides and it seems to be holding up great now. Enjoy! [url]http://www.easternuswx.com/images/IMGP1537.JPG[/url]

No chains or weights,on turf tires, and your going uphill? What's the secret? Does the locking differential work that well?

quote:
Originally posted by RedbarnRick
No chains or weights,on turf tires, and your going uphill? What's the secret? Does the locking differential work that well?
Exactly!! What's the secret here?!?! I just got my blower hooked up to my 611LT and she goes NOWHERE without chains AND weights!! I didn't have weights when I first hooked it up, pulled out of the garage, and stopped dead as soon as the rear tires hit snow! Added weights, got a bit further - still couldn't blow snow as she'd stop again as soon as hit a tiny drift! Ordered a set of chains, and now finally am able to move through the snow - but, as luck would have it, my belt snapped :(! so I have one on order now! Thank God my neighbors have been kind enough to dig me out on 3 different occasions now or I'd be in serious trouble.

quote:
Originally posted by TomMaryland
Ahh Marcus thats a pretty sight! We just lost all our snow over here in northeastern Md.
Tom did you forget to pay your snow bill?:D:D:D

Hey Fellas, Thanks for the compliments. I am able to make it up that steap hill as well as my driveway with out weights and chains rather easily. I do have to lean back a bit but she goes right up when I do that. Of course I am using posi all the way up. At first she was not going anywhere. I had a ton of grass jammed into the treads of the tires from the previous summers mowing so I pulled the tractor into the garage and carefully removed all the grass and it was like night and day. I have the blower set to the lowest possible setting so that no snow is left behind. Next year I may add weights. Not sure yet if I need them or not. We shall see, but so far so good! Tom, We still have about 2-3" on the ground out this way. Its taking a beating but still holding up. Perhaps we will add to the snow by this time next week. Take Care, Marcus

quote:
Tom did you forget to pay your snow bill?
I hope I did Bob! I'm paying the gas bill, so I don't have enough left over for that one! :D

My AC didn't do so well in the snow without chains and weights. I had 10 Hp driving the blower, but the only thing that would move the tractor was my two son power. It does go good with chains and 130 lb of weight on the rear. My problem is that my limited slip rear doesn't seem to be doing much limiting. Wants to spin one wheel. Guess that will be another spring project. Last summer it was locked, but after I fixed that problem it now wants to spin one wheel. Got to go in a modify the diff a little to fix this.

Way to fix my limited slip unit is to put shim washers under the springs that load the spider gears to increase the friction in the unit. Already done this on the diff in my Wards. A modification that was done for tractor pulling. Works great.