Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Ronald Hribar

3314 H

Ronald Hribar
Went to put Electric clutch on front PTO. I thought this will be a simple slide into place . Put on belt and hook up switch. Wrong!!! Had to raise motor so that i had clearance for clutch. In order to do that I had to remove oil drain plug, oh well it deserves another oil change 5W30 Synthetic. Slide cluth on to shaft, it only goes on short distance. Used clutch has 3/4 bushing in idler bearing, have to take it in to work tomorrow to remove spacer. Does this sound right to those of you that have have converted to electric clutches? I would think that the clutch should be held on by the retaining bolt in the end of the crankshaft. I actually have to clutches that i could put on. The first one has same diameter of pulley that cone clutch had. I never used the cone clutch with the snow blower. The second clutch has a smaller pulley which i assume would drive blower slower and have more power. Any suggestions on which one I should put on tractor?Probably will not get enough snow to use any more. But have to work out details for lift and weight in the rear to compensate for heavier blower in the front. Also need switch for electric spout control. May be doing major rewiring of tractor. As i have no lights on tractor or cab. Thinking of adding a one wire external alternator to keep battery charged. Has anyone done this also ? Bidding on a 7116H with Hydraulic lift,with snowblower. With my 3416 in Cleveland, in 6 months I have gone from no old tractors to 3!!. Will need at least 3 more so i do not have to change impliments. If I ever build a garage, i better put living quarters in it.

Ronald Hribar
Things have changed, I now owm a 7116H, it has hydro lift, the style of starter that I want. Snowblower is driven off center PtO. Leaves me with several options I did not have before. I can drive either alternator and/or auxilary hydraulic pump off front Pto. I have a power steering columun that i would like to put on. Possibly put a loader on also.