Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

You guys were right !

riverrunner16

This is addicting....Driving home yesterday I seen an orange and black tractor in my neighbors backyard (across the street from my house even, we just moved here)....turns out it was a A/C 816 with some carb problems, I asked if it was for sell he said sure...long story short..I got the tractor along with the following implements. 1. tiller 2. springtooth/cultivator 3. front end blade 4. mower deck 5. areator 6. Craftsman dump trailer I got a heck of a deal I think...I will probably sell the tiller ( have one for my GardenMark) and just use the 816 to mow with and adapt the other implements to my GardenMark. That make sense?.GardenMark seems a lil "beefier" than the 816...I brought the attachments home tonight but the 816 has flat tire I need to repair before I drag it home, guess I better run and start scouring the site for info on the 816..there is so much information here !!!! 73 from Idaho Scott KD7VKW

Pics of everything will come when I find the dang cable for my camera..I hate moving !! Tacey: I sent ya a PM 73 from Idaho Scott

Good luck unpacking all the boxes i moved in oct 2003 and still have problems remembering where i put stuff here. lol

Congrat's on the great find. Guess they are out there you just have to keep looking. Looking forward to the pic's. John N8NOW

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
The 816 is alot better built tractor than the gardenmark.
Maynard, did I miss something here? Maybe I am wrong, but was assuming since Scott is here his Garden mark is a Simp built Squire and the 816 I have here is a vertical shaft "newer" style tractor. Are you saying that a vertical shaft tractor is better built than a bgb type tractor? Maybe I'm just not awake enough to comprehend something I'm missing, but at this point I'm confused.[:0]

Sounds like you got a great deal there...Looking forward to seeing the pictures as well... Maynard,I almost choked on my pizza when I seen that original post you made...Had me going there for a min...LOL My first thought was that someone hacked into the system and posted using your I.D.