Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allis Radio

mwells

I have an allis radio like the one in this picture http://www.simpletractors.com/attachments/options.htm Does anyone know were you would mount this on a B-12? Thanks

I have seen the mounted on the finder (but kind of awkward). And on the hood just in front of the steering wheel. (Kind of tacky).

Fender on a B-12 and earlier models would be kind of light for that radio. I have the identical radio, and it is relatively heavy. Fender mount would probably be OK on the B-110 and newer tractors. Must have been mounted on the hood, but would think it would be in the way of the gas tank if mounted close enough to comfortably reach the controls. Pat

I thought the best out of the way spot would be behind the seat, but it would be a hasel to turn the volume down or up. I made a bracket and mounted it in the rear lift system. It looks kinda strange, but I didn't have to drill any holes in the tractor. I don't have a battery in the tractor so when its idling the radio is off and when you open it up a ways the radio turns on. I didn't know if there was a designated spot or not. Thanks!!