Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I can steer, them snow hogs work

MPH

Marty, Thanks for the update. I have a dry rutted tire on my 7012H and was looking for a replacement. I have my answer Sno-hog tires. I use this tractor for blowing snow in the winter and cutting the grass in the summer. Rick..........

Johm, I got these from Cedar Rapid tire. You would think in a place like Alaska, where its snow covered for 6months they'd be easy to get but everybody had to order them so I did my bussness with a site supportter. Not sure what they'd do too a wet lawn but dry I don't think they'd be any harder then Ag's on the back. Todd, I believe they came into being for walkbehind snowblowers. Least thats where I've seen them used.

They look like nice tires. I'd have gotten a pair if I'd have known these were available when I was shopping for front tires. Forgot to ask: What brand are they?

I was thinking about getting those for my Broadmoor...but now that I tested those tri ribs on my 2010 I might see if I can get those in the smaller Broadmoor size..I think maybe they would be easier on my lawn... Nice looking tractor...I did'nt realize you had a 9hp Landlord...

Marty, How do those tires ride? On my walk behind blower you can feel the knobs as they hit the pavement. Even so I will be using these come spring. Rick........

These are Carlisle. Ive seen others in 6 inch that I liked better as the lugs were more offset. Sorry, being they were 6inch only I didn't pay attention too the brand of those. I'd say check around places that sell a lot of walk-behind blowers. Maybe out there in the real world they stock spare tires. Kevin, I picked up that Landlord a couple years ago for 500. Mainly I was druling over the hydro lift, the belly blade, the 1 bottom plow and the sickle mower. Also got a 3 belt blower with it. It sat under my semi van till early this winter when I pulled it into the shop mainly to look at how the 725 should go back together. Well, it stayed in the shop til I could drive it out. Don't think I have 5 hours on it yet and my son put on most of those building the igloo over Christmas break Rick, I can't say I noticed any thumping on the hard pack snow and by this time of winter its about as hard as concrete.

Kevin, you can get 400x6 and 350x6 tri-ribs at Tuckertire. http://stores.ebay.com/tuckertirecompany/plistings/list/all/dept3/page2.html?dir=-1&col=2&sotimedisplay=2

Greg, I thing those are the kind someone was just complaining pack full of snow. Seem to me those should be called tri-groove instead of tri-rib. Real tri-ribs have a center rib that is taller then the two outter ribs, like farm tractor tires

quote:
Originally posted by MPH
Greg, I thing those are the kind someone was just complaining pack full of snow. Seem to me those should be called tri-groove instead of tri-rib. Real tri-ribs have a center rib that is taller then the two outter ribs, like farm tractor tires
That's a good point MPH I want to put some tri ribs on my 7000 series I'm restoing but I want a set that the center rib sticks up....

I have a set of these from Tucker, size 4.00/4.80 x 8, on my 2012 with loader, and am quite pleased. I haven't tried it in snow, but they don't fill up with mud like the original style "knobby stud" tires do. The center rib does stick up higher than the outside ones do, especially when they're inflated. [img]http://64.49.221.202/pix/jimdalton/470514.jpg[/img] Miller Tire has the more traditional type tri-ribs, last time I checked, but they're also about twice the price, if not more than that.... Also note that plain 4.00 x 8's available from some dealers are almost 2" shorter than these 4.00/4.80's when they're inflated.

Marty,those tri ribs are what I have on my 2010..They came from Tucker tire and the center rib is not much higher if any that I can tell...They do better than the original style tires on my other tractors in snow...but I have'nt run it very much in the snow so maybe different snow conditions may be a issue...

Maybe double-groove Marty?:D I have a set like the ones Kent posted the pic of and also a set of 400x6 although I haven't mounted either set yet.

quote:
Originally posted by gregc
Maybe double-groove Marty?:D I have a set like the ones Kent posted the pic of and also a set of 400x6 although I haven't mounted either set yet.
Greg, are your 400x6 about the same size as the Broadmoor tires??When they just use the two numbers it messes me up on them sizes..I assume the 400 means 4in wide and the 6 would be the wheel size...but how tall are they?I was going to email Tucker tire and ask if either size would be the same as the 5.30x3.50x6 (I think thats the size the Broadmoor has) but maybe you can answer my question...

Kent: Those Tri-ribs look great! Being 2" taller than OEM tires, however, is there any issues w/ attachments, i.e., can the snowblower still drop down to grade level? I've never used a blower on the tractor. Thanks. Peter

If i rememner when I put those tires on mowerman's 2010 I don't remeber them being 2" taller... But they might of been but I didn' see any issue's with attachmnets....

Bunky, Did you get the 4.00 x 8's or the 4.00/4.80 x 8's ?? I intentionally told the guy that I wanted 4.80's. They're 1.6" (by spec and eyeball) taller than the 4.00 x 8's. Peter, If you were using a mower deck, you mignt need to adjust the bails on it with the larger tires, to get the deck set up with the correct mowing angles. I'd think with a snowbolwer or blade, if any adjustment was needed, it would be a simple matter of adjusting the clevis on the lift rod to make it slightly longer. These are mounted on a tractor with loader, that I don't use for anything else... We're not talking huge differences here. But, maybe you can see it in these pics: [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/images/gallery_images/orange_6.jpg[/img] Rob-B's tractor on the left has 4.00s the front. My Big Ten on the right has 4.00/4.80 ags on the front...