Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
toad270

New Nelson Muffler

toad270
New Nelson Muffler for B10 from my local AGCO dealer. [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/toad270/5.JPG[/img] [img]http://www.simpletractors.com/club2/attach/toad270/6.JPG[/img] As you can see $53.40

roma3112
Yep I was kind of shocked at the cost of a muffeler for my 3112h last year, i think i paid the same kind of money from jacks. I was sad at how quick it discolored after fireing up the engine LOL I wonder if ther eis a stainless version out there :)

BLT
quote:
Originally posted by roma3112
Yep I was kind of shocked at the cost of a muffeler for my 3112h last year, i think i paid the same kind of money from jacks. I was sad at how quick it discolored after fireing up the engine LOL I wonder if ther eis a stainless version out there :)
Your heart would really go into sticker shock.

HubbardRA
You can get the muffler ceramic coated for aroound $100. I know several people who have had exhaust pipes for their pulling tractors coated. I have a stainless steel muffler on my push mower that was made over 30 years ago. It has outlasted five or six mowers, and still looks like it did after the first time the lawn was mowed with it. It discolored, but has never rusted.

mowerman1193
I did'nt think that stuff was that much money....My Brother bought some do it yourself kit and did the headers on his 71 Nova SS...I don't think it cost him that much...maybe it was something diffrent...Whatever it was he did it about 5 years ago and they still look good...

HubbardRA
Mowerman1193, The material (can't remember the name of it) that I was talking about is a shiny ceramic coating that looks nearly like chrome. Coating a muffler may be cheaper. I think the $100 was for a set of pipes for a motorcycle engine.

jkmustang1
Bbq paint works well. Years back in 1986 I put a factory experamental header I found on a 2.3 4cly 1978 mustangII I had. Tried parts store heat paint first burned off as soon as I got the engine to fire. Repainted bbq black and it stayed and looked good. Car was rebuilt from a total after I crashed it before I made the first payment on the bank loan in 1982. Took four years and about as much more money as original cost to rebuild. Learned alot from that car it was my school of hard knocks.