Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Batteries Again !!!

EZDUZIT

I have a 1970 3212V. I long ago removed the original battery and cables. Can someone please tell me what battery I need to make it as close to original?,and if it is negative or positive ground?.I am using a smaller type tractor battery that I have been putting positive to starter selonoid,and grounding the ground side. I would probably procur battery from NAPA.

Well It is a Negative Ground and I think the original was a 22NF but most of us I think are using 51R's I get mine at walmart for about $39.00..

Same here Wallyworld has the best price and a very good warranty. I was using a garden tractor type battery and thought my charging system was not working right. Put in the 51R and it starts immediately and the battery stays charged.

quote:
HubbardRA Posted - 02/10/2004 : 08:21:52 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Same here Wallyworld has the best price and a very good warranty. I was using a garden tractor type battery and thought my charging system was not working right. Put in the 51R and it starts immediately and the battery stays charged.
Me too in my B110 aka (Alice) works great^

Hey Kirk !! I am glad to be around here too,more then you can imagine.I havent been able to get under and around too well,to be able to get it on yet but I am sure that it will be just fine.I have been working a lot of hours trying to make up for lost time as to speak.I will be forever grateful for your kind act.I have a little surprise coming your way this summer.Thanks again buddy.Ill send you a P M in 6 or 7 weeks,then,I have to take a ride up to shake your hand.I have to deal with a broken axle on my trailer next. I have a friend down here who is going to give me a hand with it.When that is done there may be a little more surprise !!