Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

uhh ohh this ain't good

mowerman1193

Went out to clean up the packed snow in the drive so I lowered the skid shoes on my Broadmoor 728 and adjusted the lift rod so I could lock the lever to put down pressure on the blower it seemed to be cutting right though it. Buuutttt....My last pass I thought it was steering hard like a flat tire...well I wish it was.....upon closer inspection I knoticed that the front axle is broke almost in half...right next to the tube that the wheel spindle goes through.... Anyone else seen this?I just wondered if thats a week point on these Broadmoors because I have looked at some Broadmoors over the last couple years that was for sale and I think at least 3 of them had been welded up right in the same spot where mine broke...

What parts??I don't have a extra frame for a 728...The earlier tractors (707,717 ect) have different frames...My other 717 is ready to go other than a battery and swapping weights, chains mounting my seat back on...LOL

quote:
Originally posted by thedaddycat
I gave Rob a Broadmoor frame that I think he was just holding for a spare. Try him, he may just part with it.....
Well it was too dark to really see good last night but I think it just broke at the factory weld so I will probably just weld it back up...Too bad I have my welder in the back behind everything,LOL

Fire up that Spark Welder and get that baby back on the road. As for it being way in the back, that is why you need long cables that can double as jumper cables.