Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Allright Who snapped up the sickle bars?

ambler

quote:
Originally posted by UCD
He who snoozes looses.
I agree... That's what I've always found to be true...8D where's the link for the remaining one.??????

Ambler, Ebay, who needs ebay? Roy gave me such a good deal on the #210 mower that he sold me last year, that it would cost more just to log onto ebay than I have invested in that mower. Now if you come to my house to try and trade for it. You better bring the cone clutch mower. You will probably want to leave it attached to a 71XX series tractor, and you might want to hang a roto tiller on the back of that tractor. Because my sickle bar mower isn't leaving here without some extremely heavy persuasion.

Gee, I had three of them and almost had to twist Dan's arm to get him to take the third one.... Of course it was a Haban that I believe would fit that Jake he got from me and wouldn't readily work on my other tractors.

quote:
Originally posted by Bunky
quote:
Originally posted by UCD
He who snoozes looses.
I agree... That's what I've always found to be true...8D where's the link for the remaining one.??????
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2379587678&category=50377

Ambler, The one I have is same as the one in the link posted above by Dan. Mine has a new bar from Mr. Tews and is getting at least one rock guard replaced, courtesy of Smilin Sam. Looks like you have a couple of broken rock guards. You might want to see if SmilinSam has any left. I think he still had a couple when I purchased mine.

100 bucks ain't too bad of a starting price but I paid less than the "buy it now" price for my sickle mower with the 725 tractor last year. I love cutting under the pine trees with it.

Ambler, The 1690030 didn't use rock guards. They used a ledger strip. The 990785 was the planetary sickle that used rock guards. Did you ever have that sickle mounted on your Sovereign? The hitch looks different than mine.

boys look, Sickle bars, I have always maintained, are the ultimate, neat Tonka toy. No household should be without, at least 2 or 3 of them. Same applies to simpl/AC 085 dump carts. You cannot pay too much for a sickle bar. Let the 'average' partisan, look at his time and materials, when trying to make one himself.

I just got a sickle for my Sears suburban, its not a Haban but rather a ROPER,got it in a package deal with a Sears suburban hydro. I kinda would have preffered a simpliciy bar because this one is only a 40 inch and the simplicity is a 46 but I'm happy to have one at all. I've got lots of plans for using it already. I agree with you Andy, every household needs two or three, I at least need one for my FDT but I can't get my Dad to agree,and since he's a co-financer on the lawn tractors I wasn't able to get the one you told me about.