Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Lantz Sno-Vee

Dutch

Here's something I don't need and will probably never use. But I wanted it. Just got it yesterday. Made a hitch this morning. How does it look? [img]/club2/attach/dutch/sno-vee.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/dutch/sno-vee-hitch.jpg[/img]

Looks neat! Those are great for cleaning sidewalks, but probably not much good for anything else. Our town has some type of very small Bombardier sno-cat with an enclosed cab and a blade like that on it for cleaning the town's sidewalks... All the kids (including me) would like to drive that neat little tracked vehicle....

Just curious Herb, how wide is each side? I can see where two rigs could do fast snow removal with a vplow, AND a blower,one furrowing the snow and one blowing it. hmmmmmm......

Looks good to me. I sure could have used one a few weeks back when my driveway had 1 1/2 foot drifts covering about half of it. Mike

quote:
Originally posted by DougM
Just curious Herb, how wide is each side? I can see where two rigs could do fast snow removal with a vplow, AND a blower,one furrowing the snow and one blowing it. hmmmmmm......
Doug, Each side is 36". 52" across the "V". Using the Sno-Vee to windrow would make snowthrowing go quicker, but it's just me and Judy and she doesn't drive....... hmmmmmm. Wait a minute. I think I just found a use for this "V" plow. If Judy does the windrowing, I won't be out in the cold as long. Wow........ Glad you thought of that Doug. I'll be sure to give you credit. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/sno-vee-push.jpg[/img]

WOW..i NEED to find one of those...The dental office at which work has an ATV with a blade...We got 8" of snow last week... and the regular blade wouldnt work well doing the sidewalks...so i had to shovel those...(next time im taking Allis!) Do you know if anyone currently manufactures a blade similar to that??

quote:
Originally posted by Tom_Byrne
If Judy is tired, maybe Dipstick could run it for you?:D
You know, I thought of DipStick too. Haven't seen him in several days. See, it just goes to prove, we are all good for something.

quote:
Originally posted by AC808
WOW..i NEED to find one of those...The dental office at which work has an ATV with a blade...We got 8" of snow last week... and the regular blade wouldnt work well doing the sidewalks...so i had to shovel those...(next time im taking Allis!) Do you know if anyone currently manufactures a blade similar to that??
Yes, "V" plows are available. Check out the folding type.> http://bigbuckrack.com/polaris_plows.htm#V_blades

quote:
Originally posted by dutch
quote:
Originally posted by Tom_Byrne
If Judy is tired, maybe Dipstick could run it for you?:D
You know, I thought of DipStick too. Haven't seen him in several days. See, it just goes to prove, we are all good for something.
Dutch, If I were you, I would not let Dipstick run Judy's plow. There has to be someway he could blow that unit up.

Dutch, Does Judy's plow run on Budweiser or Perrier? Need to know this before you turn it over to DipStick. Don't want him to get the fuel mixed up, now do we. Could lead to a snow disaster.

We came across 3 of those old Bombardiers at an auction last summer, they had sanders the v plow and a normal plow. They had an inline ford 6 clyinder 300 engine. THey went from $8000 to $1200 Canadian. They looked like they were made in maybe the mid 80'S?

Dutch I like that first blade, how hard is it to flip? ps. If you let Dipstick :p help you out I would be willing to buy the carcass off you after he is done, i am sure your machine is paid off by now :D take care john

I would like to have one of those for my drive With my blade now the sides get high and then I can't get the snow to roll up over the sides of my drive.....

Looks like that old Stephan King movie, the one where the truck when wild. Dutch, If you let dipstick drive make sure you do the refueling, if you get my drift. Looks neet and yes I'm envious. All we get here is cold rain. Mike

So Herb, did Judy work that blade so hard she bent the left handle bar forward like that? I don't recall noticing that when it was new.

Never seen a V-plow that small before. That's pretty neet I can see why you couldn't turn it down. Great job on that heavy duty hitch to. Thanks

Well, we go about 4” last night in South Jersey. Just enough for me to play. The roll-over blade gave a nice clean cut. But, the snow was wet, the blade wasn’t smooth, and the tractor speed was too slow. It only pushed…. Didn’t throw. The “V” blade worked great. If I didn’t have other attachments that do a better job, I would probably use these. But as it is, these will become conversation pieces. Click on photos to enlarge [url="http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/v-push2.jpg"][img] http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/v-push2-35.jpg[/img][/url] [url="http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/roll-2.jpg"][img] http://home.att.net/~herb.niewender/roll-2-50.jpg[/img][/url]

Dutch I was wondering if you could get enough speed on that roll over blade. One of the links you posted said the bigger one on a truck needed 20 mph to work good. Being the same design, do you think it needs to be that fast on a tractor??? Possibly thats why they didnt go over well. Should work great on a 4 wheeler though huh? I like the V if you ever decide you dont want it anymore.....