Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

What do you call this?

Dutch

I must have cabin fever because I've been playing with blades all day. Here is a very small version of the "caster" or "thrower" type blade like the NJ Turnpike used (uses). It has a baffle on the small end to trap that annoying spill over. This one flips from left to right. What do you guys call this type of blade? [img]/club2/attach/dutch/fan-lr.jpg[/img]

Dutch, when you say flips do you mean it turns end for end? Seems like an easy way to switch sides? I like it. OK - where did you find it?? or make it yourself?? Dan

quote:
Originally posted by IronPony
Dutch, when you say flips do you mean it turns end for end? Seems like an easy way to switch sides? I like it. OK - where did you find it?? or make it yourself?? Dan
I only made the hitch to fit my Sovereign. It rotates to flip sides. Raise it up, rotate it over to the other side. If I like this, I think I can rotate it remotely from the seat ala snowthrower spout. [img]/club2/attach/dutch/fan-flip.jpg[/img]

Hmmm,That is cool...looks like it has quite a roll/curve to it...with it standing up in the one photo it reminds me of the spout off of a cement truck, LOL

Thats what we have at work on our atv...its ok for a parking lot..doesnt do well if the snow is 8" deep and youre trying clear the sidewalk.... Id have one!

Bunky, Thanks for the "State Plow" tip. I found quite a few on the Internet. Here's one example > http://www.georgessales.com/Blades/ Haven't been able to find this rotating type yet. But now I have a lead.

Apparently "Roll Over" is another term for this type of blade. Here's a link > http://www.tpub.com/content/engine/14081/css/14081_415.htm I'm still trying to find out who made this blade, and if it was OEM on some make tractor.

Has anyone tried the plastic blades? We purchased one for your Village Payloader and they seem to like it. I think it is lighter.

Dutch that is a different type of blade. The Choremaster one wheel garden tractor had a plow like this. I have one for my 1948 Choremaster one wheel tractor with a 2 hp Briggs & Stratton engine. I took this picture at a tractor show when I was displaying my tractor a few years ago. [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/Image020.JPG[/img] Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]