Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Boney

I just realized i have never posted a pic

Boney
I realized I never posted a pic of my Tractor-in-the-rough. this is a pic the day I got it, some of it is in primer now.came with a (3 blade 32") mower deck (hope I can get blades for this) tiller, the highly sought after 3 belt blower (lol) stinger weight, and about 1/3 of a wounderboy, the tires are cracked to the point of replacement, she blows a light blue smoke when started till warm, leaks a little in the rear and needs some of the bearings replaced. couldnt get her to start with a battery but will always (jinxing myself here) start on the 3rd pull of a rope. oh ya she needs a choke cable. well she is not a beauty but I hope to get her to look nice and be functional and used regularly. I will be happy if I can make her mechanically sound this summer. oh and thanx to a member of this club I was able to get a needed center PTO and front PTO pully. I realized apon hooking up the deck one day hmmmmmmmmmmmmm somthing was missing LOL LOL

HubbardRA
Boney, Looks about like my 61 Wards did when I brought it home, except that my engine was in a box and not worth fixing up. A little paint and some elbow grease and you have a real workhorse. Since you said your engine runs good, you might want to just pop a new set of rings in it like I did on my 243431 about 18 years ago. In fact I have put two sets in in. First time rings had stuck from sitting outside with no sparkplug. Broke a ring trying to get them loose. Second set went in a couple of years ago after my son blew out the oil filler plug, replaced the plug, but didn't replace the oil that was blown ut with the plug. Overheated the engine causing the rings to loose their spring. Removed the oil pan and head, pulled out the rod, replaced the rings on the piston, broke the glase on the cylinder with some 600 grit sandpaper (didn't have a hone at that time), and reassembled the engine. Doesn't smoke or use any significant oil. It is mounted on my AC716H which is my primary work tractor. Love that old B/S engine.

Karl_Brandt
Looks to be in better shape than my Simplicity 725 when I brought the tractor home. I almost got the tractor done last year,just needs a few finishing touches.;) [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/Image050a.jpg[/img] [img]http://www.simplicityva.com/Image050.jpg[/img] Karl [url]www.simplicityva.com[/url]