Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

I know, I know

EricD

It's not Orange or Yellow but you have to admit it is kinda cute. Early RJ series Wheel Horse repowered to 8hp. Really does push like a mule. [img]/club2/attach/ericd/Whorsee.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ericd/WWhorse.jpg[/img] [img]/club2/attach/ericd/WHorse.jpg[/img]

Small machine, but that's no small job it's doing. I've often thought I'd like to have a Cub or Gravely just for wintertime snowplowing, and save my Simplicity(s) just for summer. I have a small Broadmoor I use to push snow. If I had to shovel all the snow we had this winter, I'd be sunk! Nice photos. Tacey

It looks like it's getting the job done!:) Do you get any heat off from the engine to help keep warm since you almost sit on top of the engine? I like to see pictures of any old garden tractor. What year is your tractor? I'm guessing late 50's. Have fun with your tractor!

That tractor can't be any good -- it doesn't have running boards... :D The way the dozer blades hook to the WheelHorses is the best, IMO. They really push! IMO, the WheelHorse is the 2nd best tractor (behind our Simps/ACs) when you consider how well they work overall, including all the attachments. They mow ALMOST as well, they "win" on the front dozer blade, and they have about as many interchangeable attachments available.

Thats a nice looking tractor...I have a guy up the road that has two of those for $250 one the motor is froze and the other missing motor.He says he has a good motor to go with them...One is nothing but surface rust but straight the other has original paint and decals with mower deck..I thought about getting them... Kent,I think the old ones like this had a front mounting snow blade rather than the rear mounting set up that the newer tractors have...I could be wrong but I don't see the mounting frame going to the rear axle in the pictures above...

I wish I had pics of the mulch pile this thing leveled. Pile had to be darn close to 5ft high and 7ft wide. Was blown and dumped into a drop along the side of my house. Took me some hours but was a blast. I used this while I was getting my Simp's together/repaired. I had two more Simps follow me home today and am getting the old "two in two out" routine from my wife. If anyone has real interest in the WH let me know and I'm sure we can come to an agreement my wife will like :D:D (seriously, very seriously...8)

I wish I did not let my rj go,I had the plow,disc and cultivators all were given to me.Engine would not stay running,new gas cap and the problem was solved.She would pull a ton if you could keep the front end down. Never let it go,YOU'LL REGRET IT

I agree with Gary, don't sell it, they are great little machines, and they are getting harder and harder to find. We used to call them "n*t roasters" because of the engine location. Every guy I knew that had one and sold it regretted it later.

I recently travelled up from Fla. On my way I stopped at JJNemes and Sons in Princeton NJ. Jeff and his son were real good people and we had a great visit. He has the ST site posted above his shop counter. Jeff showed me all the old Simp/AC machines and attachments he had for sale but I didn't end up buying anything. He did have an old RJ with an original Kohler on it. It was beautiful, a real diamond in the rough. The tin was outstanding, actually the best I've ever seen on one of these. If anyone is looking for an original RJ to restore, call Jeff ASAP. This one wouldn't take much at all. I appreciate all the comments about keeping mine and will sleep on a final decision whether to part with it or not...Thanks for your thoughts.