Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Now what?

dogboy

I found the reason for my "no spark" problem ,the new condenser was no good,the coil that i suspected passed the tests,now i have spark,but its to weak to fire the plug...any idea's ,

Mike, start at the air gap, set this carefully, then the points, if you don't have good spark after that you are grounding out someplace, check the wire leading to the points closely right where the points cover goes over it. Are you checking the spark by holding the plug against the block or with a spack plug tester? Try different plugs! How's the clip inside the plug boot? One small thing can be the culprit, keep checking you'll find it!

Thanks Rick,the points and condenser i put in weren't genuine B&S parts, now i have the real thing,and i'll try again tomorrow,been messing with this for awhile,Now i understand why so many guys just drop these problems off at a repair shop--but not me !

Mike, you learn by doing not paying. You're on the right track and it's more satisfying when you do get it solved yourself.