Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
Deadeye

New seat

Deadeye
My Valentine and I recovered the seat on my B-112 yesterday. I think it turned out quite well for a couple of amatuers! [img]/club2/attach/deadeye/newseat.jpg[/img] This is a picture of my snowplowing / wood hauling rig. I put the new thrust bearings on the front spindles and it steers much easier now, that is a good upgrade. [img]/club2/attach/deadeye/readyrig.jpg[/img]

MPH
I don't see any thrust bearings listed in my parts book. Where can I can 6 of these? The steering on all mine lacks being good. Also, whats the simplest way to replace the vertical bearings in the front axle? That is one nice looking wood hauling rig.

Deadeye
The weight/ hitch on the rear is just a small suitcase weight that I found on the hiway, someone had lost it on a rough stretch of road. I welded a flat strap to the end of an old pin that fits into the lift link on the hitch. attached a ball to that. I works for moving my big trailer around the yard. I plan to make a stinger weight but got to wait till all this smow melts away to find the right steel for the job!