Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

grader blade hitches are done, pictures

john-holcomb

The center mount hitches are finally done and they came out very nice. Many thanks to Dutch for all his help and the loan of the OEM hitch. We have made a couple of minor changes from the factory style to make them stronger. For those who have already ordered they will ship this week most likely tomorrow.

To answer your questions, I made 20 fully welded units and no kits since I changed a few things and they really needed to be fixtured for welding in order to assemble correctly.In the future if I make more we could weld the actual blade mount and ship the arm assembly as a kit. I said I would sell them for $90 each plus freight to club members and I will, but that is almost to the penny what this first run cost me so after these are gone I will have to raise the price. Of corse in this first run I have programing and fixture costs that I wouldn't have in the future. One thing I did that I would recomend to anyone with a factory hitch, because the factory used push blade parts on the end of the arms where the pivot pin goes through that material is only 3/16 to 1/4 wide from the edge of the hole to the end and thats the direction all the force is from, weld a 1/4 x 1 x 1 plate on the end. That will reinforce the oem arm assembly and add alot of wear, otherwise if your like me and have your tractor weighed up over 1000# and you put a heavy blade like Dutches on you could rip right through a stock hitch.

Will they fit a Sunstar, and are blades still available? I don't seem to be able to get any information on these items through PM Maybe I'm not doing it right. Thanks John

Real nice!! I had one question if one wanted to flip the blade over can you remove the center pin to do that or do you have to unbolt the blade. I vaguely rember dutch i think making a hitch that could to that, or was it the blade that had different spaceing to let that be done? great work john I pmmed you about getting one thanks john

Toad, Dutch Has the blades on E-Bay and will soon have the hitches also as soon as I get off my butt and send him some. Thanks for the good comments I think when you see these you will like the sturdy ness of them. Tomorrow I will try to post a picture of one on my Landlord they fit very nice just drill a hole for your style of lift and your ready to go.

I offer the blades on eBay. Here is a link to the last one with all the info. > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2372711106 I don't have any on eBay at the present time because I have been busy with other projects, and I wanted to wait until John made the hitches. Just keep an eye on the Club's eBay forum. I'm sure Maynard (UCD) will list them when I do.

John, here a couple pictures of the beef up I did on my snow blade hitch because the end was squeezed together enough to make for a very sloppy fit. My other one is same way. I haven't checked my OEM grader blade to see if its got the age squeeze yet.

MPH, That hitch looks like it is in the kitchen sink. If I did that my fingers would be broken and I would be typing this with my nose.

John i just mailed you a check for mine :D PS MPH you must have a real understanding woman there, if i leave breadcrumbs in the sink i am put on notice [:0]

John: My hitch arrived this afternoon. That is a nice piece of work. It is a perfect fit for the Sunstar.:D:D My driveway will get some much needed attention this spring. Thanks again