Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Obsoleted Parts wish list

ambler

What would you like to be made available or remanufactured for these tractors? Decals, Paints, lights and bars, cast wheel weights? hitches, etc. hydrolifts? brackets?

Readily available engine rebuild kits, sheet metal, and OEM hood screws for the B series would be things I'd most want, if it was possible and I had the money.

Well I don't have the original paint, but our decals are really close, they were copied off the originals. I would have to go with the paint, But the whole tractor would be nice.:D

The reason I'm asking is that some of these things could be developed with a little capitol and particularly if Simplicity would cooperate. I plan to talk with them.

If I plan to restore something in the future, I would much rather have new decals, so I can totally remove all the paint and not worry about damaging the decals. But Exact matching paint would be good too.

Guide headlights at a reasonable price. Dual wheel kits, original style tires, rear work lights (still available?), crankguards for the B series, hi-lo kits for B-Series and Broadmoors, tiller tine extension kits, Light bulbs for 3400 series at a reasonable price, rear sleeve hitch for the early type simplicity-made implements. Winterization kits for B-series.

Thats a good question...I would think it would be nice to get permission and the artwork for all the decals so they could be reproduced and sold...One of the guys on the Wheel Horse group did this and now decals are readily avalible for all Wheel Horse tractors up to I belive 1985..I know its in the 80's anyway... I think the light bars might do ok...Hitches would do good I think..The hood thumb screws I think everyone would like a nice new shiny set of...I think there is alot of smaller items we all could use.. I would like to get right hand lift levers for my tractors and am really supprised that someone has not made these up to sell...I would just like to see one in person so I could make up one...it seems like from what I have seen in pictures that they would be very easy to make and look original..

quote:
Originally posted by mowerman1193
I would like to get right hand lift levers for my tractors and am really supprised that someone has not made these up to sell...I would just like to see one in person so I could make up one...it seems like from what I have seen in pictures that they would be very easy to make and look original..
Im in the prosess of makeing one for my 64 landlord. Im trying to use a broadmoor lift lever. As soon as I figure it out I'll be sure to post about it. Elon

I'm going to approach them about licensing and see if there are engineering drawings for what is needed. Otherwise reverse engineering with permission. A guy in this area is licensed for TRO decals and a buddy of mine is licensed with coca cola for coke machines.

A year or so ago, Simple trACtors had an advertizer for a few months who offered many do-dads for the B-series tractors. I think they offered reproductions. Perhaps Kent can recall who that was and if they're still in business.

I don't understand the problem with the paint. I have not yet painted anything but can't we get the original color mixed somewhere?

I forgot the armrest tubes and the grills. These would sell faster then you could make them. We always get calls from guys wanting them.

quote:
Chris727 Posted - 02/18/2004 : 22:13:27 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Guide headlights at a reasonable price. Dual wheel kits, original style tires, rear work lights (still available?), crankguards for the B series, hi-lo kits for B-Series and Broadmoors, tiller tine extension kits, Light bulbs for 3400 series at a reasonable price, rear sleeve hitch for the early type simplicity-made implements. Winterization kits for B-series.
quote:
mwells Posted - 02/19/2004 : 09:41:09 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- I forgot the armrest tubes and the grills. These would sell faster then you could make them. We always get calls from guys wanting them.
quote:
maxtorman1234 Posted - 02/18/2004 : 22:09:44 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- If I plan to restore something in the future, I would much rather have new decals, so I can totally remove all the paint and not worry about damaging the decals. But Exact matching paint would be good too.
For me all of the above^

I approached Simplicity through a dealer and talked with one of their people. He said they have a blanket policy laid down by their legal staff about not sharing drawings for obsolete parts with one caviat where an owner needs just one part thats no longer available to run again. I believe that we could petition them through their dealers for the parts we most need. They need to make a profit. They also need to have enough orders, for say decals or hood nuts, to warrant making the items. Guide lamps could be remanufactured. This would be a stamping operation. Do the stamping dies still exist?

The Big Question Still Exist
How many Early B10, Big Ten, Late B10, B110 And so on are still out there and how many replacement parts do you think they could sell? Good example how many hood screws do you think you could sell in a years time and how much would you be willing to pay for them? Same goes for hub caps, gas gauges, rear work lights, rear tires, front tires, and so on? The biggest question is how many pieces interchange between the models?

The thing that I would want most would be a new exact copy of decals for my '64 Broadmoor. Next, the original seat pan, and the original 6H.P. motor for. I also wouldn't mind a nice shiny set of thumb screws for it either...

Stainless I bet. I think this is a job for the club going through the dealer members,to put them on the spot to produce them. They have a blanket liabilty based policity on drawings. I think it would be hard to be sued for authentic decals or hood nuts. I could draft a proposal.

My friend who visited factory said they would make a run of parts for a SIZEable fee,HOWEVER do they still have the toolng dies for this stuff.We were told it all went to dumpster?,,when new spaceships came out,

quote:
Originally posted by dlcentral
My friend who visited factory said they would make a run of parts for a SIZEable fee,HOWEVER do they still have the toolng dies for this stuff.We were told it all went to dumpster?,,when new spaceships came out,
That's the biggest problem. You can only look at the above for so long. Tooling takes up valuable space. A few years ago we dumped a lot of welding jigs just for that reason. And really their usefulness ran out.

Forget the paint - Simplicity never used a paint code - they bought orange paint from wherever it was cheapest. Don't know about the AC factory. Support your local dealer - hubcaps for all models except the 4" wheels are still available and identical to the old ones. The price is not cheap, but is in line with Cub and Deere for their chrome hubcaps. Be careful with the copyright infringement. Anyone involved in old air cooled VW's knows about this - VW has sued some parts sales businesses over their inclusion of a picture of an old VW bus that had the original nose emblem showing in the photo - VWoA made them block out the emblem in the new ads. Just my experiences, Tim