Unofficial Home of Old Simplicity & Allis-Chalmers Garden Tractors

Sign in to follow this  
bkassulke

Massey Ferguson

bkassulke
I know that this is a AC and Simplicity site... but has any one heard of the MAssey Ferguson 1010, own one??? Are they any good??? Are the attachments easy to find??? I am thinking about buying one.

SMahler
The tractor in question is a small compact diesel - made by Hinomoto/Toyosha for Massey, Allis etc. The jap company is out of business, so 'factory' attachments will be hard to find (like a front snowblower). A loader can always be attached to it, although I will mention that these tractors have a habit of splitting if abused with a loader. The easiest way to get a blower on one would be a rear 3pt, but then you have to drive in reverse. Because the sales volumes were not as high on these compacts, the parts/fan club support is far less than the gas garden tractors we regularly chat about here.

MPH
Ben, last winter when I was down there visiting my mon I spotted a 5015 at the Case dealer in Fremont, you or Mike should check that one out. They were closed when I saw it so I couldn't learn anything about it..